ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Cleaning

172 Cup
T'other halfs Punto has these alloys on. The fronts are a diamond cut finish and the inners a rough/pitted surface(quite normal) Would Iron-X/Trix or the equivalent b****cks up the Diamond cut front? I want to get them back to clean/new as it does detract from the look of a 10plate car!

Thanks in advance.

Fronts
IMG_00000079_zps74acb3db.jpg

Rear(How they should be)
IMG_00000078_zps32b914ce.jpg

Ph1 172 (titanium)
f**k me, they're not dirty!
Well hardly.
I use iron x and g101 mixed together.
Always sorts it out. Even months old baked on brake dust

172 Cup
f**k me, they're not dirty!
Well hardly.
I use iron x and g101 mixed together.
Always sorts it out. Even months old baked on brake dust

Theres 30k miles of burnt on brake dust underneath salt on the fronts!. They have a horrible brown tinge even after a good wash.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Theres 30k miles of burnt on brake dust underneath salt on the fronts!. They have a horrible brown tinge even after a good wash.

Ah didn't realise you had already cleaned them once.

As said, that little lot mixed together should shift it bud

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Im no chemist but I wouldn't want to be mixing chemicals together.

I'd be hitting it with a gentle wheel cleaner such as Autobrite very cherry wheel cleaner and then go at it with iron x, then have a go with a tar remover, clay, polish, IPA wipe down then either Gtech C5 or cquartz to seal all your hard work in.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's not a good idea nor is recommending G101 on diamond cut wheels. It can be used but i'd never recommend it.

You need ironx anyway and it's PH neutral. Maybe something like AutoFinesse imprerial and you'll need a decent brush to get to the inners. :)

172 Cup
Cheers Gally.

I haven't got round to washing the cars yet. I'll go with the gentle approach this weekend.