ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel going around like an egg??

1.6 focus zetec....
The other night i was driving down the dual carriage way along side my mate and he said my front drivers side alloy was going round like an egg as though it wasnt balanced but they came balanced and ready to fit so what else could it be???

Thanks
Kiza

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Take it to your local tyre fitted and get them to double check its not bent, buckled or similar.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
A wheel can be perfectly balanced, but not round. As in elliptical shape rather than perfectly circular. Roundness is one of the things that manufacturers specify tightly for OEM parts (ones delivered new on the car, even if someone else actually manufacturers them). You can also get out of roundness from mistreatment. Some manufacturers deliberately specify a soft alloy for wheels so that the wheel bends rather than the shock being fed into the suspension components or chassis and bending them.

sounds like its buckled/flatspotted get it checked out. Alloy is soft and can fracture/suffer hairline faults/cracks. Even if it appears balanced if its damaged it may fail or allow the tyre to deflate either quickly or over time.

1.6 focus zetec....
I checked with my neighbour next door and he got it up on axel stands and said that it has a slight flat spot but not to worry about it...does it mean i need a new alloy?? Also could this be the reason why my tyre keeps going down??

Kiza

Chocolate Bar™
will be the reason for it going flat yes, as the tyre doesnt get a good seal onto the alloy.

normally it means the wheel will be weaker, and ultimately get worse over time - but if its not that bad then leave it and put it on the back. but a new alloy is usually the only way to fix it.

try ringing konig and having a rant and they might come to a deal over a replacement. i assume your talking about the konig unknowns?

^ what I just did.

One of my alloys is buckled - could see it moving up and down left and right on the rolling road the other day :eek:

Had to replace it with a brand new rim (£150 from Renault)

1.6 focus zetec....
Yeah its the konigs middo....hitting a bloody pot hole around by me i think, i know its there but still i hit it almost everyday without fail! I could buy a new alloy of e-bay for £130 but just wandered if i could get out of it without spending money lol

Kiza