ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When it comes to selling it?

(I did have a search around, but couldnt find an exact thread)

When the time comes to sell your Clio, do you think it matters about custom things?
I know some buyers associate mods with it being "trashed".

I have read some people here say they revert to standard everything, is this required to sell your car easily?

Any experience of things like this? Do you revert your car to standard?

Things like colouring parts may be harder to revert (without paying for new ones), so bit of a pain.

Depends on the mods. If it's a bit of a chav wagon, with stupid lexus lights and massive alloys - then that will only appeal to certain people.

If it's done tastefully, then it could be in your favour.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to revert back to standard, will fetch the same if not more than it would modified imo.

Then sell the mods on here.

Quids in!

I'm going to revert back to standard, will fetch the same if not more than it would modified imo.

Then sell the mods on here.

Quids in!

This 100x over... I was genuinely put off by some with mods when I purchased. With hindsight I would have looked for one cos you get way more for your money (all I want to do is mod it now).

Back to standard and flog all the bits on here :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I bought one with mods, and saved a shed load.

When modifying, keep all standard parts, put it back to standard and sell mods separately, all the time.

Put it this way, monitor the ads every day and you will learn the ones in your local area and what you see will speak for itself. Cars dropping in price by £1000 or being chucked around 3 seperate dealers over 4 months. This one for example has been on sale since at LEAST december 2010. Guess why (and for the mileage the price is ok, especially as it's got known-brand coilovers and ventilated/grooved discs) :p

media?id=1596324929.gif