ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to map?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi all,

If I could get some opinions on where to go, and why if possible.

I'm getting a service and full check up at 519 in Feb at some point. After this, assuming there are no 'you need new brakes' or any bombshells etc, I want to get my 200 mapped.

I'm running KTEC Pro Cat back with a de-cat, so have the 'flat spot' issue, not much, but enough to bother me occasionally. I know I won't get rid, but I may reduce it.

RS Tuning is too far. K-TEC, no. Idea's?

I did think of them as they're not that far. But I gave them a call back when I owned a Fiesta ST150 and they told me they would get it to Circa 200Bhp for a £299.00 map.

I lost confidence in them after that

Some do say there rollers overread, however I went down there yesterday with two friends. He had his st 150 mapped with full exhaust and mani and it made 166bhp which is about right, and is having it on some different rollers soon to confirm! It seems a lot better, especially lower down.

I've just put a thread in the General Automotive & Motorsport Media about it all if you wanted to look. They're really nice guys tbh

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right, thought that may be the case with Chip, shame as I'd happily trust him with my car just from what I've heard about him. I'll have a chat with Dan when Im up there about mapping as see whats what then

If you can get Chip to map your car, you're winning, but he does find it very tedious so doesn't do it often. Mike Woodford is just as good though, I'd go to him.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
If you can get Chip to map your car, you're winning, but he does find it very tedious so doesn't do it often. Mike Woodford is just as good though, I'd go to him.

We'll see lol, only met him for about 5 minutes so doubt he would, but you never know.

Thanks everyone for your input, I'll definatley be having a ring round after my service and see whats what.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Will have a chat when I call about my service then :) Anyone had experience with Dan's mapping? I know Im impressed with his car workmanship in general, but never seen/heard about his mapping

Dan at 519 cammed and mapped my car before moving in to his new work space. It goes very well indeed. SharkyUK and a few others have been in the passenger seat and can vouch that it's no slouch.
I would leave it for Dan to do personally if the car is already with him.

He does not do off the shelf K-tec maps.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, Filters car certainly goes well no doubt. :) Especially considering the relatively light level of mod's when compared to some Clios. (Thanks for the ride, mate!)

I don't think Chip is feasible really because he's moved to the East Midlands and is an extremely busy guy. I think he has quite a bit on his plate with work and his own projects! Might be worth a quick jaunt across to MWM though seeing as he's not too far away...? Although I could be wrong, geography was never my strongest subject.

Audi A5
Couple questions Ive been wondering, both for Danny@519 and S&MWM

What Rolling road do they use?

what ecu's do they work with?

What do they charge for a proper map, not just a flash map?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Couple questions Ive been wondering, both for Danny@519 and S&MWM

What Rolling road do they use?

what ecu's do they work with?

What do they charge for a proper map, not just a flash map?

S&MWM can work with any ecu. £199 for generic map £299 for a custom map

There only around the corner to SRR

Audi A5
So that £300 would include the use of the SRR I take it?

What about things like custom mapping, i.e a set of ITB's with an omex ECU on a 172 cup? Just an example ;)

Audi A5
I know that, I know he's really familiar with the omex ECU, that's why I mentioned that ECU, I meant more on pricing, so do they charge by the hour? Or per job etc.