ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which bucket seats?

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Hi
I have used the search function and it seams this hasn't been asked for three years so...........
I will be buying two seats for my Clio 182 over the next couple of weeks, what's the best option out there for a Clio at the moment? I don't want to spend crazy amounts but realised a few extra ££££ might make the experience better! The car does get driven on the road to the track/ring but it's purely a track car with no interior and a full roll cage.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chris

Loads of options, Bimarco do decent seats at good prices, I'll be going with the Cobra II as they get half decent reviews and are really inexpensive at £130 delivered. That's there budget seat if you want something better like the futura which is FIA approved thats only £230. Then there's the grip which is also FIA approved but with head restraints at £300, the latter maybe a better option if you have a front cage.

Loads of others as well, just do your homework on sizes as they vary.

Ebay for the Bimarco, GSF sports seats or Demon Tweeks for anything else.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
What's your budget per seat mate?
I'm a real fan of the Cobra line of seats, The Imolas are great if you have to live with it on a daily basis enough support but still easy enough to get out of, the Suzuka are the next step up with much higher leg supports (a really nice seat and IMHO still liveable day to day) next up is the Evolution but I don't really like the position of this too much being a big lad it grips my shoulders in the wrong place but if you want the top model the Sebring (which I have in the Cossie although one might find its way in the Clio for next season) are brilliant super high side on the legs and full head wrap around but room for your shoulders too.
I haven't mention the Monacos which are the base models and they have a metal frame and IMHO none to comfy either.
Rich

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Loads of options, Bimarco do decent seats at good prices, I'll be going with the Cobra II as they get half decent reviews and are really inexpensive at £130 delivered. That's there budget seat if you want something better like the futura which is FIA approved thats only £230. Then there's the grip which is also FIA approved but with head restraints at £300, the latter maybe a better option if you have a front cage.

Loads of others as well, just do your homework on sizes as they vary.

Ebay for the Bimarco, GSF sports seats or Demon Tweeks for anything else.

Do thwy only do those crappy leather style in the cobra 2?
Also says they are wider. Dont they do a narrow?

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
What's your budget per seat mate?
I'm a real fan of the Cobra line of seats, The Imolas are great if you have to live with it on a daily basis enough support but still easy enough to get out of, the Suzuka are the next step up with much higher leg supports (a really nice seat and IMHO still liveable day to day) next up is the Evolution but I don't really like the position of this too much being a big lad it grips my shoulders in the wrong place but if you want the top model the Sebring (which I have in the Cossie although one might find its way in the Clio for next season) are brilliant super high side on the legs and full head wrap around but room for your shoulders too.
I haven't mention the Monacos which are the base models and they have a metal frame and IMHO none to comfy either.
Rich
Yeah I like the look of the Cobra seats and they seam to get good reviews. I want to be able to use the car at the Ring so the Evolution & Sebring are out of the question due to the winged tops of them. The Sparco seats look good and priced well but a few friends have said they can be uncomfortable. I'm hoping the likes of Demon Tweeks have some sales on next week so want to order soon. Budget is £500-600 each but I don't want to go to crazy as there's a hundred other things I want to buy for the car at the moment!

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Yeah I like the look of the Cobra seats and they seam to get good reviews. I want to be able to use the car at the Ring so the Evolution & Sebring are out of the question due to the winged tops of them. The Sparco seats look good and priced well but a few friends have said they can be uncomfortable. I'm hoping the likes of Demon Tweeks have some sales on next week so want to order soon. Budget is £500-600 each but I don't want to go to crazy as there's a hundred other things I want to buy for the car at the moment!

I plump for the Suzuka then mate it's slap bang in the middle of your price range and a really nice seat to boot, great support but still usuable on a daily basis plus no issues using it at the Ring.
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/seats/cobra-suzuka-pro-fit-fibreglass-seat
Rich

Do thwy only do those crappy leather style in the cobra 2?
Also says they are wider. Dont they do a narrow?
No mate they do them in velour in red, blue and black. If you want the std version then you want the Bimarco Cobra. I'd fit in the cobra myself but my mate who drives my car wouldn't so need to compromise with the Cobra II. Think the std is 34cm inner v 40cm for the II.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
So for me, having never fitted bucket seats, what do you need to fit a bucket seat? Assume you can bolt straight to the mainframe of the vehicle so seat doesnt move at all. Then you can fit to a static sub frame which will raise the seat, but not move it back and forward, then a more expensive sub frame with running struts which will slide back n forward. Would all fixings be to original holes in frame?

Are they all feasible?

Trophy 459
I'm also wanting some seats for mine but the drivers would need to be on sliders. Also like the idea of also keeping the standard belts in the car for a quick trip down the road !

Clio 172
Look at second hand seats. For many forms of motorsport, seats are lifed for five years and many will be replaced at this time of year. In many cases the seats will have hardly been used.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Ive just priced up a set of the auto style k5 seats in black. Passenger and driver. Slider mounts drivers side and a fixed mount passenger side. £404 all in.

Screenshot_20161225-151041.png

Clio 182
Cobra suzuka, awesome seat.....really supportive and comfortable for a bucket seat. Slim and snug fitting, I put a Sebring in my Clio last year but just couldn't get on with the lack of visibility from the wing back so took a bit and bought a Suzuka. Think it was around £400 from GSM seats iirc.
The cheap metal frames seats (Monaco etc) are reallly uncomfortable, mine is a track one car though!

Clio 182
What's the thought behind wanting a base mounted seat?
I'd only ever bother with bucket seats for a track car not for 'looks' to use in my daily, really don't see the point unless you're using harnesses with them too which are also a pain on a regular basis!

Trophy 459
It's for a road car 80% of the time but my wife wants to do a few trackdays and being 5'4 she would need the seat to move !

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with having bucket seats in a daily tbh. Depends how fussy you are about comfort.
Me, i put cooksports on so bucket seats wont change a thing.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of an update, these two were waiting for me when I got home tonight (along with some other bits).....
IMG_9424.JPG

After the above advice and some previous research I went with a Cobra Suzuka for the drivers seat and a Cobra Monaco for the passenger. Controversial split in seats but I couldn't justify the cost for an expensive second seat that doesn't get used most of the time. But the money I have saved I have already spent on some fibreglass panels and plastic windows :grin:
I purchased them from Demon Tweeks and they were delivered in less than 24 hrs. I quoted the forum and talked to John Harris and received an extra 10% off! I'm going to use the free mounts from Demon Tweeks and have ordered the extra low mounting plates from Jon Foz. I'm happy but now need to paint the inside of the car pretty quickly :fearscream:

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
I had the cobra monacos in my old 172 sport and they weren't comfortable but they were cheapish, they were the steel frame ones though. Sat on omp frames which were shite they sat slanted. The Suzuka are a lot comfier seat so good choice there though

Just bought some sparco rev for my cup with the jonfoz low mount frames so hopefully ill be sat virtually on the floor [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk