ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which digital camera, say budget of £250 or so ??

I currently use my dads pentax espio s4i (4 mp) which he's had for years now.

I fancy my own as, tbh the pic quality isn't too good really, they don't come out that crisp :(

Whats good at the min ? With say £250 budget (high st price) I'll be getting it off the net probably anyways so can get better for the budget.

I have searched, but nothing striking at the min.
It must be quite compact, easy(ish) to use, with a decent zoom.

Thanks.

My choice:

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/400677/art/canon/digital-ixus-850-is.html

review:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/sd800_pg5.html

l_00015072.jpg

Last edited:
Cam - that's ace :) & my dads a member of cotco's too, our local one just happens to be Lakeside :cool: I have a look over the weekend if I get chance.

A4 Avant & A3
I think i'd go with the Canon above.. love them, Pics i've seen on them look spot on.

(although the 10x zoom of the Panasonic Lumix would be very tempting to me)

182 Trophy
In my opinion the canon 850 IS is the best in it's class. Excellent photo quality. You also get a little view finder too for those dark shots or when the battery is about to die :)

D

dick

ye i saw a 400d going at £342 body only other day!

or you could get the olympus which are like £350.

D

dick

Nah, not paying £350 for a camera. I'll stick to the normal digital ones.

Cheers for the help:)

doesnt just stop their either tho, ul find it a necessity to keep buying increasingly expensive lenses.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have the Canon as pictured on the first page. Great camera but the red eye reduction is a bit pants and you have to remove it using the software on the pc which is a big effort.

Just been looking at a few slr's & tbh they are massive, I can't be doing with that (I know they are great though as some on here use them)

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
  A red missile
If you want a compact, this is the nuts
http://www.jessops.com/Store/s36252....aspx?&IsSearch=y&pageindex=1&comp=n#features

10mp, decent zoom and face recognition, you can get it cheaper than Jessops though. Won't be as good as a DSLR but you have to be serious to go down that route (and have deep pockets).

Is 10 mp not over kill though ??

Not really, what it is good at though is extending your zoom by allowing you to crop massive resolution images to get in tighter on your subject.

D

dick

Is 10 mp not over kill though ??

This is what I worry about, when do you stop? :S

when people start realising that its nt all about pixels.
joe public seem to think oo more is better surely, better quality n that.
:dapprove:

and its a lot easier for companies to keep whacking more and more pixels on teeny little sensors and keep smoothing over the noise loosing the detail.
so as long as people keep buying um, therenot gonna complain.