ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which discs

Well i need new front disks and have opted for BBTunings offer. Here is the offer:

PAGID PADS AND BB CROSS DRILLED DISCS
15% OFF!
£97.00 (was £114.00)
This item is available fully fitted at £127.08 (was £149.50)

To coin a famous supermarket catch line, Are we doing a deal or are we doing a deal??? Brand new Pagid fast road pads which are quite possibly the best in the industry, and our superb cross drilled discs together! for only £132.

do u work at BB klmillard? wots the price of Pagids blue pads for your mighty mates. Any piccies of the discs too + details on diameter etc.

Cheers. P

ERRR mike.....your not havin much luck there mate !!...lol

thanks to everyone thats replyed......i dont really wanna change the calipers coz they are up to the job.....so im just looking for discs & pads....i usually go for names i can trust...& used before....like tarox.....& brembo..........but ive never used any other make.

And some makes are just as good as the big name brands...just paying for the name !!!.......but then some makes are just cheap nasty crap....which is why i tend to go for the top brand names, but sometimes theres makes out wich are just as good but half the price...you guys know what im dribbling on about !!...ill shut up now....

& mike.....you wanna fight.....bring it on !!!!!........ill run you down !!!

http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/sarge/SierraC3.gif

why not go for the big disk conversion, just get the calliper extensions, disks and pads. See K-tec, BB tuning euro parts etc etc.

which ones that mike......all i can see is ....>

http://www.animationfactory.com/free/people_a_l/athletes_variant_page_bodybuilder_pullups.htmlIMG height=123 alt=bodybuilder_pullups_md_wht.gif src= http://images.animfactory.com/animations/people_a_l/athletes/bodybuilder_pullups_md_wht>
& thats it !! your next post just shows a white box with a red X in it !!....

If anyone else is thinkin of gettin new discs then e-mail me...i know BenR is wanting some new ones as well...........perhaps if we all clubbed together we might get a better discount.......xxxfathertedxxx@aol.com

Lionel Richie

IMO EBC are crap (some people like them)

If anyone is interested, i can get Brembo MAX grooved discs for valvers for £75?????????

EBC are sh*t, but who wants to pay 200 quid for pads and discs!!!

70 the lot form http://www.raldes.co.ukwww.raldes.co.uk

mintex 1144 pads and plain discs are all youll need, i dunno all they hype on drilled slotted, dimpled, crazy swirly, scratch.n.sniff discs and sooper duuper 900 deg pads as used on Nasa space shuttle.......no need.

ive been running this setup forevr, no face, no warping, no problems nowt. jsut solid performace and no extra noise! lol

yeah but ben..............dont you want them ones they sell in Max Power......you can have 16V ......or CLIO cut into em !!!..............lol

no, thats what i would have cut in, jsut to stop nosey tits peering at me car!

lol

that or "smile, your on camera"

Clio 172 cup

I have standard discs and mintex 1144 pads and they are utterly sh*te

Although to be honest i think the discs are a bit worn dont know what difference new discs would make

Clio 172 cup

Not sure really Ben, to be fair i think its my discs that are at fault but Im not really happy with the amount of dust the mintex pads produce

also i have to press the pedal nearly halfway down before i feel anything happen which is quite crap

so new discs will be ordered this week me thinks.

fancy getting the Rally Design big Disks again but not 100% sure they will fit behind my willy alloys

yup, dust is a problem, but you cant have both. Worst for dust are halfords own! lol.......they pour the stuff out.

I think you need a decent presure bleed, the rears can get alot fo air trapped and you can get a really firm pedal back from a nice bleed.

Try the midilight 4pots, 365 quid, bargain!

Clio 172 cup

LOL, ok cheers mate

Dont really think 4 pots are needed on such a light car, and cant really afford that at the moment, probably go for the big Disc kit or some g88s and try these pagid pads that everyone seems to be raving about

using brembo max slotteds and tarox pads..totally rate them...use to have ebcs...horrid buggers caused my rotors to warp...never again...

friend of mine is running subaru wrx brakes for the front on his 1.4 16v:eek: modified by local mechanic...

TT 225

I have them - they have warped. Tarox G88s (40 groove)

They were warped when I got the car though - so Im pretty unsure on the factors and conditions that the brakes warped under.

Ive got Tarox 44 groove and they seem fine but I am not doing the number of track days I had planned so they arent being used. Got Tarox pads and they are strong but not much initial bite, probs need a bleed and maybe goodridge hoses. Spent too much money for a road car but am hoping it will pay off at the next pay rise when I start doing a few track days.

i get most of my mods from k-tec i might purchase there fast road front brake kit with green stuff pads £175+vat that price is for a clio 172 mk1 and mk 2

but when you increase the power in your car you will need better discs and pads, standard ones are good but with the power i will have i will need something better ive been told.

you will have?

you looking at about 220bhp!

the std setup is fine, you wont be hurtling at a corner that much faster without serious serious mods, and you can brake earlier if you are going 25mph faster.

New pads and discs of a more performance orientated decent is always a good idea, but its the pads that make the majority of the diff, a disc is a discs basically, no matter how many pretty lines you put in it. They have their advantages, but they are by no means huge steps.