ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which next clio should I go for?

Clio 197
My mk2 ph1 Clio Rsi was a great car & fun but time to change and she be on for sales soon.

I'm thinking which next Clio should I go for? I'm 27 now and my insurance price has gone down which is good. I want one somethings fast, in standard and can do less mods, I don't want to spend to much money on car now or mess about on mods. lol
which one I go for?:)

mk1 172 Exclusive
mk1 172
mk1 V6
mk2 182
mk3 197

or Megane 225

Do I need check somethings before I buy one? help will be great:)
many thanks

Giles

al

ST on the way...
MK1 172 exclusive, purely for rarity!! :)

Whats up with the RSi anyway Giles? You've not had it long!!

Clio_Smart
If you can go for the V6

But having a exclusive 172 would be good :D

Personally if someone handed me the 2 keys and said pick one i think would drive off in the....... V6

Clio 197

I know I havn't had it long & nothing up with my Rsi:eek: lol I just want somethings abit faster and I want to go on Renaultsport track day :)

Clio 197
^^ nah I want leather interior :)

oh my mk1 172 full interior will on for sales soon:quiet:

Last edited:
  Clio 197
dunno yet but I bet the clio 197 cost the most.

I'm going to test drive all of them this week & next week hopefully :)

Chocolate Bar™

rarity? mk1 172 exclusives are the second most common type you can get behind the silver variety ;)

i'd get the v6 for the looks you'd get in one

cup 182 mit stripes
How about the new Leon Cupra? Not exactly a Clio or beautiful, but the tunning potential is excellent.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i would say that thw rsi woukd be too similar to a 172, be dissapointed with it if it were me,
il say a meggy 225 or a v6 if you can

Clio 197
there no rush for me hehe.....hope not lol

I like the silver mk1 V6 or mk1 172 good car but going test drive them and mk1 172 exclusives is nice too but is that the heavy one?

f**k the cash mate i would say go for the mark 2 v6,as the mark 1 is a bit on the too slow side the megan is a good car and as it is a turbo there is a lot u can do to get more power that wont cost u the earth..it would be a hard choice out of the two looks i say the v6, but if its performance u want go for the megan.............

Lots of Alfas
Get a vee Giles.

image089.jpg

meg 225 mate.

Has the car got to be practical? If so forget the v6.

The v6 i used to have is not much quicker than a 172 mk1 anyway. To be honest neither is the v6 255 either. Both cars look quicker than they really are.

They do look and sound good though.

Does it have to be rare? Is that rare to be seen on the road or rare to the amount of people who have one on here?

Meg 225 is newer, in my area its not very common at all, looks good especially in black, can be remapped safely to 260-270bhp, nice amount of torque.

Chocolate Bar™
i should imagine petrol would be a biggy with the v6, but if you dont do a lot of miles wont be a problem

I used to average around 24mpg in my vee when I had mine.

If your looking at an mk1 v6 also, most are around 4-5 years old now and will require the cambelt changing. This is a costly job if it hasn't already been done.

Clio 197
I think you'd like a V6.

There not ideal track day cars though realy have to keep on top of them.

Are they bad for track day?

i should imagine petrol would be a biggy with the v6, but if you dont do a lot of miles wont be a problem

I spend more time at home, I don't really do alot of miles and I only done 2546 miles in RSi lol

meg 225 mate.

Has the car got to be practical? If so forget the v6.

The v6 i used to have is not much quicker than a 172 mk1 anyway. To be honest neither is the v6 255 either. Both cars look quicker than they really are.

They do look and sound good though.

Does it have to be rare? Is that rare to be seen on the road or rare to the amount of people who have one on here?

Meg 225 is newer, in my area its not very common at all, looks good especially in black, can be remapped safely to 260-270bhp, nice amount of torque.

Meg 225 are really nice car I like them too. How you mean about has the car got to be practical??

Do you need more than 2 seats, do you use your boot a lot for shopping and heavier goods which would not fit in the vee?

If you wanted to go for a vee for trackday i'd definately go for the 255 as it handles better. I didn't particularly like the handling in my mk1 v6 230

VW Golf TDI
hmmm how much you wanting to spend, I have had a 172 and 182 cup, But would love a v6 but for practicality and everday ide go for the 172 or 182... Up to you tho, there are some good priced ones out there to be had, depends on colour as well, what you want in your face or run of the mill I see that everywhere ????

Clio 197
Do you need more than 2 seats, do you use your boot a lot for shopping and heavier goods which would not fit in the vee?

If you wanted to go for a vee for trackday i'd definately go for the 255 as it handles better. I didn't particularly like the handling in my mk1 v6 230

lol @ shopping, I think two seats alright for me:eek: lol

How big is the rear boot?

I thought mk1 v6 are bit of the same the mk2 v6:S