ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which phone nokia N73 or SE K800i + dealing with o2 ?

As these two both seem to have the same stuff on them (3.2 mp camera) mp3 player, radio 3g etc.
Which one would you go for ??

I've got a SE W800i (the white & orange one) and its a good phone, but its new contract time in few weeks, been with them for 2 years now.

I prefer the looks of the nokia, but is it better ??

I'm on 02, so I will be trying to get it as cheap as I can (curently on anytime 200 - double everything for 6 months on a 12 month contract) never go over any time/texts etc (mainly cos I use the work phone)
Thing is I think I want a better deal - it costs £30 a month + I've got the gold insurance, so £36 in total.

Any thoughts ?? or are there better phones & provides out there ?? been with T- mobile before & never again :mad: !!!

artic blue 182
i ordered a n73 and its being swapped for a w850i tomorrow

n73 is slow,big and keypad is way too small couldnt get on with the thing

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
iv read loads of reviews and the N73 comes out top on them all.

iv not actually used one so cant comment on the n73 just yet (altho iv had loads of symbian nokias), but i have used the k800i, and altho it is a good phone, the phone itself isnt great. you would be bored of it in a week.

182 FF Cup options
I had an n80 and that was a good phone but crap software and os, it was slow and froze and crashed. I have a k800i now it its great i love it, fast smart and easy to use. The only downfall is the camera shutter opens in your pocket all the time and takes pics of your leg lol. Dan

182 Cup Inferno
l got the k800i and its mega! i love it, and the camera is brill as well. i like sony's cos there seem to have more features.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have the K800i, previously owned a Nokia N80 and 6630. The K800i is a great phone and runs far quicker than the Nokia OS. If all you are needing the phone for is texting and making calls then the SE is the better option, for sat nav and other addon software then choose a N73.

The w800i i've got is really slow - I think i need to update the firmware on it, its not even like it filled up woth that much stuff, it just goes slow :dapprove: !

I do a for bit of texting & I wouldn't need it for sat nav.

Hmmm - mixed reviews (as I expected) other than these two what other new phones are there?

172 Cup
My K800i has been fantastic. Had a W800i for 16 months previous to this and never had a single problem despite what the pesimist's will have you beleive.

Ph-Sold!
.Griff. said:
My K800i has been fantastic. Had a W800i for 16 months previous to this and never had a single problem despite what the pesimist's will have you beleive.

Agree, after 12 months with my excellent K750i and 2gig card my new K800i is an overall improvement in all areas. You can download the SE software to upgrade the OS if it's needed too.

Mk2 Golf GTI
If you stood both phones side to side is the K800 smaller than the K750?

That's what the specs on the orange website would have you believe but in real life the 800 seems quite a bit chunkier. I haven't had chance to compare both side to side yet

Ph-Sold!
K800 is slightly taller then K750 (5mm or so) but looks a lot bigger as it has longer screen, its a bit bulkier too but still fits in the same K750-specific carry case I had.