ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Tablet?

Countryman JCW
- Asus Transformer - Terrible
- Nexus (latest version) Good
- IPAD (latest version) Best
- Surface 2 LOL, no.

and exactly which version of transformer is that comparing , how many of those other can play 720p for a solid 15 hours , the ipad screen is a stupid shape so not great for films ,

how many of those can you watch fims off a portable hard drive

how many of those can you stick a full size sd card in out of your camera

how many will take 2 sd cards for a huge memory size

how many have usb ports making them more useful than "just a tablet"

how many come with a real keyboard which you can remove if you want ?

someone needs to maybe take the apple from out of their arse , and look at how many tablets people own ( 3 for me )

and the surface tab is an asus with a different OS is it not ?

All great questions. Most of the answer to these don't include the IPad am I right? I know you can't plug SD cards or USB into it... So the Nexus is looking the best all rounder for the use I need?

Jus us to recap on that

- stream dodgy pirate films
- skygo
- catchup tv
- web browsing

All great questions. Most of the answer to these don't include the IPad am I right? I know you can't plug SD cards or USB into it... So the Nexus is looking the best all rounder for the use I need?

Jus us to recap on that

- stream dodgy pirate films
- skygo
- catchup tv
- web browsing

the Nexus is going to be right for all the things you need to do , i use mine for more and therefore find full size sd car slot and usb port of great use , but hey i paid more than the cost of an ipdad for mine.

If i just wanted to do what you do i'd have the nexus

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
"Buy a s**t tablet and use it like a laptop instead fail" LOL

tablet and an external HD? LOL just LOL

"Buy a s**t tablet and use it like a laptop instead fail" LOL

tablet and an external HD? LOL just LOL

Because as such a clever chap , you know of a Tablet with access to maybe 200gb of data that you may not have access to in a cloud ?

and you would also have a tablet that was capable of storing all the pictures you took on safari in the middle of the masai Mara and hope that it could store your 2 cameras worth and several days worth of raw photo data ?

show me a laptop with 15 hours of battery life plus or how many tablets can you use a hard drive on .

You may think your being very clever , but contemplate that some users may find it an excellent soloution , and make that enough for a company to bother producing a device capable of doing so ?

And like i said if i look at my 3 tablets the s**t one is the one with a fruit on the back !! how many tablets do you own to compare them by or maybe you can't afford a 600 quid asus , a 450 quid Ipad and 250 quid Nexus

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
It isn't really your place to say what i can or cannot afford. That is normally the sign of a rather pretentious person.

No need to be so agitated though. Maybe you should have just got a tablet with a bigger HD in the first place or just got a laptop.

Last edited:
It was a response to your to your comments which were basically childish

64gb is the largest capacity that was and proberbly is available

Explain exactly how the ability to run a hdd if you need to is a fail
Also explain how many tablets you use to compare ?

You made a comment based on what.
My comment on what you can and cant afford was a question as in maybe you cant ? I did not tell you you couldn't.
Again read what's written.

I also have a laptop , again i asked tell me a laptop with a 15 hr battery life.

Try and see that maybe products are designed for differing uses.
Maybe you never find yourself away from power points and wifi.
Maybe you dont need to back up valuble data such as photos.

There are uses for products that do more than the standard for a reason. If it was a tiny number of users iit would not get produced , but clearly thats not the case .

Just because you dont need them does not make them s**t

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've made my own now, I've realised I need 8 SD Card slots when I'm on a submarine

Countryman JCW
Does the Nexus have a 15 hour battery life then?

What is the latest Nexus out at the moment? id quite like to have a look at it...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No idea, they sold 5-6 of the previous 10 so they may not bother

Inferno 182 CUP
I have an iPad Air you can buy .. It's got a £100 Logitech Bluetooth case too if you wanted a keyboard

2014 Focus Titanium
Wow, this escalated quickly.

Shame the "iPads are the best but I don't actually have a logical reason why" brigade are still about.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
App support, OS latency, Ecosystem and ecosystem support for both hardware and software, hardware build quality and a s**t load of other stuff. But it's entirely up to you to buy the inferior product. Sadly I don't make the rules on that.

2014 Focus Titanium
App support, OS latency, Ecosystem and ecosystem support for both hardware and software, hardware build quality and a s**t load of other stuff. But it's entirely up to you to buy the inferior product. Sadly I don't make the rules on that.

App support (lol welcome to 2010)

OS Latency - in the Nexus 5/7 this isn't noticable. Well actually I'm lying, it is noticeable is you do a direct comparison between the two, but it's literally such a small difference it has absolutely no effect on usage nor experience.

Ecosystem - I find the Google Ecosystem works fantastic, as an example Google Music/calendar/contacts/bookmarks etc spread across my devices and all of my computers and laptops etc.

Hardware quality - My Nexus 5 is very premium, better than my dad's 5C!

Now let's see why Android and the Nexus line is better than iOS:

STILL no flash support on iOS
Small screens
Less pixel density
In-app settings
Widgets
Customisation on things such as lockscreen
Expandable memory (in most devices case via SD Card, others via USB)
Google Now integration
No f***ing iTunes
Choice of actual phones (do I want pure Vanilla, would I like Sense (HTC), do I want a small phone, big phone, etc)

But yeah, apart from that Android is proper s**t!

I only have to look at my own circle of friends who have all changed to a Nexus 5 from an iPhone 5 apart from one person because he loves Apple, has ipads/imacs etc.

Anyway, same old story, it's descended into a iphone vs Android war again (and I've let myself get roped into it!) but it's pretty obvious that Apple have fallen way behind.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Apple makes the best phone...
Microsoft makes the best tablet...
Google makes the best browser...
Sony makes the best console...

Bring it on :p

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Been using an ipad for the last two years or so and it suits me just fine, but if you like to tinker and need external storage etc then it's probably not for you.

I can't get on with Android stuff, have tried in the past and failed. Probably doesn't help I really don't care much anymore for fiddling about with things, and don't have any particular requirements over run of the mill stuff.

I just want stuff that works reliably and easily, ipad has been flawless in that respect for me.

battery life is good, find the screen aspect ratio is better for browsing, has been all over the world with me and not missed a beat.

Only thing I don't like is the reliance on iTunes, but over time have been adapting to working that way with things.

I prefer a laptop and an 11 inch air fully specced would be nicer, but no real need for that yet, until I persuade myself it's a good idea and buy one.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Flash - i must have missed the timewarp back to the late 90's LOL

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
The only time lack of flash has been an issue for me is when there's been a site that runs on it fully, but they are few and far between.

I'd rather not have flash on a system if I can help it.

2014 Focus Titanium
Flash - i must have missed the timewarp back to the late 90's LOL

I agree, flash is s**t compared to HTML5. But the fact is it's still all over the internet, so I'd like the choice to use it thanks! Saying it's s**t/old is a moot point if it's still popular (14% of the web).

The only time lack of flash has been an issue for me is when there's been a site that runs on it fully, but they are few and far between.

I'd rather not have flash on a system if I can help it.

I don't understand this mentality, but each to their own. I don't ever use DVDs but I wouldn't have a PC without a DVD drive.

Anyway, this will quickly spiral into a flame session so I'll leave it at that.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I agree, flash is s**t compared to HTML5. But the fact is it's still all over the internet, so I'd like the choice to use it thanks! Saying it's s**t/old is a moot point if it's still popular (14% of the web).

I don't understand this mentality, but each to their own. I don't ever use DVDs but I wouldn't have a PC without a DVD drive.

Anyway, this will quickly spiral into a flame session so I'll leave it at that.

I don't know which websites use it? Only ones that haven't been updated for quite sometime.

I can 't recall a time when i have been on my ipad and come across a website using flash. It is totally redundant, it is a minority, it is in massive decline, so to use it as a valid argument is imo not significant. :)

Is this supposed to be an irony competition or something?

Personally I choose iPad because that's what I prefer. I don't feel the need to justify my views, and I don't care about Top Trumps comparisons. Android fan boys are perhaps the funniest people on Earth.

lol.

EDIT: Incidentally, my iPad has a 16TB RAID 5 NAS permanently attached, with no wires (Plex). f**k USB.

Last edited:

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Unfortunately whilst I'm not as bad as some in the industry when it comes to being fussy about things, working in security, I have a bit of a quibble with Flash, Java Client etc so am just not a fan (although they are great for loading onto test machines to show off issues they can cause ;) ).

I actually can't think of a time when I've not been able to browse a site due to it using flash, but I don't really do much trawling about nowadays.