ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which to buy

clio 182
already got a powerflex dogbone mount on my clio 182 and ktec induction kit but carnt decide which to buy next either set of ktr engine solid mounts or a whiteline rear arb?

182 Turbo
Why do you need solid engine mounts?

the standard mounts are fine, and unless your running lots of power or a turbo with epic engine movement I don't see why to buy them, maybe they improve handling a little bit? But they make a discusting ride, which isn't necessary IMO. Get the rarb

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Yep whiteline will make a huge enjoyable improvement.
Solid engine mounts will give you a lot of shake through the cab. Which you don't really want on a road car!

182 Turbo
Just get used to people pulling you over telling you you've for something hanging off from underneath your car.

Will reduce body weight transition during cornering. Resulting in a flatter drive! Improving grip!
One of the best most noticeable mods you can do!

until the road has the slightest bit of mud on a damp day and the car just snaps away mid corner and you don't have enough time to catch it best thing i did was remove mine and sell it

was perfect while dry but i was allot less confident in the wet with this fitted compared to without it

Last edited:
Why do you need solid engine mounts?

they make a discusting ride, which isn't necessary IMO. Get the rarb

can't say i ever had any problems when i had them fitted to my cup before,incorrect fitting usually leads to the bad cabin vibration,mine was very slightly more to i'd say the same degree as a powerflex'd dogbone

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
until the road has the slightest bit of mud on a damp day and the car just snaps away mid corner and you don't have enough time to catch it best thing i did was remove mine and sell it

was perfect while dry but i was allot less confident in the wet with this fitted compared to without it

What tyres was you running? I have the warb fitted and have never experienced any loss of control from the rear.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
the arb can make the back end twitchy in the wet, had a few brown pants moments in my old ph1 going round a few r/a in wet conditions and also once when i was pulling away and turning right under acceleration then suddenly backed off due to traffic, but in the dry they are awesome, just drive accordingly. mines was on the stiffest setting btw. will be my next purchase for my new ph1.

Clio 172
I'd say thats more to do with driving style and weight transfer than the fact the arb has made the car more unstable. Whole point of it is to make the car corner flatter and stiffen up the rear. However combine that with sudden weight transfer (gear change, accelerate then brake hard) and any car can come unsettled. Only ever found my whiteline arb an improvement and having done several trackdays in near enough flood condition and never had an issue with the backend I'll put it down to other reasons than the arb being to blame.

182 Turbo
I'd say thats more to do with driving style and weight transfer than the fact the arb has made the car more unstable. Whole point of it is to make the car corner flatter and stiffen up the rear. However combine that with sudden weight transfer (gear change, accelerate then brake hard) and any car can come unsettled. Only ever found my whiteline arb an improvement and having done several trackdays in near enough flood condition and never had an issue with the backend I'll put it down to other reasons than the arb being to blame.

I dont think yeecup is saying that it isn't an improvement, I had a warb on my 182 and it's a great mod for the money. However it does stiffen up the rear end significantly and it wet and muddy conditions being so stiff it can promote oversteer. Not that it matters, every cars handling is compromised in the wet. The rarb wasn't made so your clio will handle better in the wet.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
oh its definately an improvement, when i fitted mine and went for a drive for the first time i was amazed and the difference it made, handled like a go kart, loved it, just saying in the wet if you back off suddenly the back end can snap back at you, so u have to be careful. i need to get one ordered asap for my ph1.

182 Turbo
oh its definately an improvement, when i fitted mine and went for a drive for the first time i was amazed and the difference it made, handled like a go kart, loved it, just saying in the wet if you back off suddenly the back end can snap back at you, so u have to be careful. i need to get one ordered asap for my ph1.

What else you got planned for your ph1? How much did you pick it up for?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Essentially by altering the ratio of roll resistance front to rear the Whiteline ARB removes a little grip from the rear, and adds a little to the front.

Makes the car more controllable to turn in on tight bends where you can bring the back round if you wish with some lift off oversteer, but if you do have an issue at high speed and the back steps out it will do so more violently than the standard car. So like most handling mods its better in some situations but not in others.