ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which xenon hid bulbs to choose 6000k or 8000k xenon bulbs ?

Clio
hi

I have at the moment 4300k bulbs, but I want to upgrade to more bluish color.

Which color do you recommend to use ? 6000k or 8000k xenon bulbs?

I will buy xenon bulbs from this shop as they offered me discount for bulbs 2n purchase http://www.xenonplanet.com

330i. E30 Touring.
6000k looks white, but ever so slighlty blue.- the one to go for, imo.

8000k looks much more blue (pikey)

Clio
I heard many goods comments about 6000k, everybody says that is the best option if you don't like 4300k, slightly blue should look very nice imo

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
6000k is pure white but some projector lenses give it a slight blue tinge

8000k has more blue

I did the same in the clio i went from 4300k to 6000k and it is a very good upgrade

R26
Whats the difference between the 20 quid Upgrade bulbs to the 70+ quid upgrade bulbs, aside from the price :eek:

RB FF 182
6000k, I've had 8000k (out of desparation!!) and they're shite!!

I've actually got 5000k in at the moment and they're tonnes better!

RB FF 182
Whats the difference between the 20 quid Upgrade bulbs to the 70+ quid upgrade bulbs, aside from the price :eek:

Cheap Xenons tend to be crap... I had some the 8000k ones I mentioned in my reply above were really really cheap off eBay as my current Xenons were going... wish I hadn't of bothered. The light pattern was rubbish, and the actual light output was pants too!! I now have some more expensive ones from HID's for u, loads better...

J

jezzerbing

what is the bulb type which fits on a 182 xenon.

ds2??? h7???? ive no idea

would be great if someone could tell me. thanks

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
D2S for 182 xenons thats the grey surround with the projector lense

If you have a trophy have you upgraded yourself

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL @ 8000k being too blue. Nothing like the bandwagon effect, eh?

These are my 8000k's.

35d0fb53.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They're more blue than OEM, but not the bright blue everyone bangs on about. Most having never used them.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
4300-6000 is ideal. Any higher any you get less light output. By going for higher, you lose some of the benefit of hid's.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/5/made

The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989, Schedule 5, Requirements relating to obligatory main-beam headlamps and optional main-beam headlamps to the extent specified in part II.
7. Colour White or Yellow.

Basically Blue is bad. Police can pull you for this, you then can be fined and have to correct the problem and have it signed off by an MOt center etc.

Blue look's chavvy anyways, but had this happen to a friend about a year ago, the police have really clamped down on this around my way.

I have no idea on what ones to choose though Christopher's in the above pic looks nice though. :)

tbh, they dont look blue if you look into them whilst driving etc. they have more of a noticeable blue tinge around the sides of the beam. If you use 8000k in a headlamp without projectors then it will look very blue and have more of a chance of attracting unwanted attention.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
tbh, they dont look blue if you look into them whilst driving etc. they have more of a noticeable blue tinge around the sides of the beam. If you use 8000k in a headlamp without projectors then it will look very blue and have more of a chance of attracting unwanted attention.

This. I could understand 8000k bulbs were charvy if they were burberry, but a blue tinge i dont have the slighest clue how there charvy. Could someone explain?

This. I could understand 8000k bulbs were charvy if they were burberry, but a blue tinge i dont have the slighest clue how there charvy. Could someone explain?

Like I said, They can be deemed chavy because they are seen on saxo's etc in standard headlights without projectors, so the beam bounces all over the headlight and blinds everybody.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Like I said, They can be deemed chavy because they are seen on saxo's etc in standard headlights without projectors, so the beam bounces all over the headlight and blinds everybody.

Ahhh i see. Well am ok av projectors :)

a low one
i think 6000K has the slightly better output and has a nice white colour with a blueish tint

8000k is slightly more blue but not over the top either

a low one
people say about 8000k being the " chavvy option " but theres not a huge difference between the 6 and 8

10,000k + is when it starts to look abit OTT and chavvy IMO

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I want xenon's for the increased output. Going for duller output for the sake of the headlight 'colour' seems pointless to me. And by changing the colour you lose some of the benefit of a hid in the 1st place.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
I seen a DB9 with like purple lights they must of been 12,000k. Richest chav av ever seen lol.

I love Lamp
are they easy enough to switch over the xenon bulbs? as in unplug the old ones and plug the new ones in or has the front bumper and everything for to come off to get at it??

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Its not a hard job to do mate there is a guide on here if you want it to follow

Well worth it after all