ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whirring noise whilst driving!

Clio 172 cup
Hi all! Just a quick one! I get a whirring noise when i drive and was just wondering what it was?!? sounds kind of like a washing machine slowing from its spin cycle but obviously very faint! Maybe alternator?

Thanks

Clio 197
Does it increase with speed? Or when turning left or right ? If the answer is no then that could rule out a wheel bearing. Have you had the wheels off and had a look ?

Clio 172 cup
Yeah i guess it does increase with speed! A lot less noticeable when you let off! I haven't had the wheels off only had the car a week and time hasn't permitted! I thought maybe it was just alternator getting to the end of its life!!

Thanks

Clio 172 cup
On the way to work this morning i was stuck behind a moped.... well i was going 30mph in 5th and when i was accelerating that was when it could be heard the most when i lifted off i couldn't hear it!

Thanks

Clio 172 cup
I will concentrate more on my way home and have a good listen! was very tired this morning!! Will update later!!

Thanks alot guys!

Clio 172 cup
Just got home Couldn't really hear it tho if i am honest think it was because i had to have the window open as it was far too hot! :banghead:

Vivaro van
I have this same noise, sounds supercharged untill exhaust and induction noise take over. Not got a clue what it is tho so watchin this for ideas, pretty sure mines not wheel bearin tho as wheel dont move when pushin and pullin it side to side on any wheel