ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whisling on Acceleration (5k+ revs)

Right, so I know people have said it's normal, but I swear it's gotten louder since first owning it (not by much but enough to notice it)

th_7fba85e1.jpg

Here's a video, would you say it's normal? And if not, what could it be?

It's loudest at roughly 10 seconds in!

Any ideas?

Matt

MK3 Clio DCI 86
I may not know what that noise is but your car does sound f***ing awesome lol (Minus the whistling of course! :eek:)

Audi A3
your windows open? could it just be the wind passing your mirrors? or it is actually in sync with the engine (as in ease off and it goes etc)?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Mine does it too, don't think it's anything major *fingers crossed*

Car does sound awesome tho!!

Windows are closed!

I did a video of them open, its much louder but the wind takes over the video so you can't hear anything!

Espace V6 airbox with K&N Filter with a catback Yozza!

Looks like I have nothing to worry about then touch wood!

I've just cleaned the Espace box now, and have dropped one of the clips in the bay so now going to try and find it :( Wish me luck!

172 Hillclimb/Sprint
yeh i don't think this is a problem, i have the same setup. love the yozza, gota get my decat back on thought, always a fun task putting cat on for MOTs , cant for the life of me work out why the flange on the exhaust mani (phase 1) is where it is. designer needs shooting.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Mine started doing exactly this with a standard exhaust system - as far as I know, it's coming from where the cat joins the rest of the system. I had it bodged and it lasted a few weeks, but started to come back now.

I used to have this noise on my old cup. Never did figure it out. It ran 158bhp on Pauls rollers, compression test showed it was 150 across all four cylinders. Don't think its related to the whistle though, the manifold was blowing at the gasket too....

Clio 182 Trophy
Mine does this now, it goes away when I remove the cat and fit a decat pipe so I persume it's something to do with the cat. On the other hand when I fit the decat pipe to the yozzasport it may drown out the whistling sound with it being a little bit loud.

Titanium 182
100% something to do with the exhaust before the cat join. First thing I'd change is the 'cat bolt kit' - just make sure it's a genuine Renault item.

My standard exhaust did this, then I fitted a new cat bolt kit when putting on the Yozzasport, then after a few thousand miles it started sounding exactly like yours!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Mine does this too hairline crack in the cat flange done it for a while now , I like it TBH !:eek:

320d
Mine does this but from about 2500rpm. It sounds like turbo whistle. It's an exhaust blow. I need to get it sorted, its driving me mad.

100% something to do with the exhaust before the cat join. First thing I'd change is the 'cat bolt kit' - just make sure it's a genuine Renault item.

My standard exhaust did this, then I fitted a new cat bolt kit when putting on the Yozzasport, then after a few thousand miles it started sounding exactly like yours!

Is this the kit joining the cat to the manifold? Had one of those fitted a few months back so not that, only just realised what you said :eek: (It did it before and it still does it after, so assuming thats ruled out anyway!)

To me it sounds like either part of the intake somewhere or the exhaust manifold blowing!

320d
Its nothing to do with the intake. Mines an exhaust blow of some type. It makes the car sound really rough at low revs too.