ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White line paint removal...

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
We've just picked up our new (to us) Fiesta. I've given it a wash this evening (one bucket and a sponge) and noticed lots of little spots of white paint on the bumper, bonnet and passenger side lower. I gave the bonnet a little go with some Super Resin Polish that were't int shed but no luck. The paint work is otherwise very good and Ink Blue is rather nice! Any ideas on the best way to get the white paint off?

Cheers.

eda7aram.jpg

a8aga7ub.jpg

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Tar remover first then clay as necessary.

These are two things I've never done before lol! Any good value product recommendations? Will the tar remover help remove the white paint?

Cheers for the reply/help!

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
These are two things I've never done before lol! Any good value product recommendations? Will the tar remover help remove the white paint?

Cheers for the reply/help!
tar remover should help break it down then clay it to finish might take a while and a few hits to get rid tho
and check out auto finesse products highly recomended on here and click the link at the top of the page for the website

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
tar remover should help break it down then clay it to finish might take a while and a few hits to get rid tho
and check out auto finesse products highly recomended on here and click the link at the top of the page for the website

Star thank you! I'll have a peruse.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a clio in the other week that was covered in the stuff. Nothing, including thinners!! would get it off.

I ended up wet sanding the whole car.

Clio 172
...paint stripper?!

;)

in all seriousness, white spirits might help, just be sure to clean the area after you have used it to get it off the bodywork.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I found that tar remover took a LONG time to remove spots of paint from my Dad's car.

Clay did the job much quicker.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Tardis or Tar-x then bilt hamber medium clay (can use water as lube).

I'll have a look for some thanks.

I had a clio in the other week that was covered in the stuff. Nothing, including thinners!! would get it off.

I ended up wet sanding the whole car.

Lol! I'm not sure I trust myself to crack out the sand paper. The missus would freak! If Bristol wasn't a bazillion miles from Norfolk (even though they're almost one and the same) I'd come by (even if just to have another ride in the boot of the AMG...)

...paint stripper?!

;)

in all seriousness, white spirits might help, just be sure to clean the area after you have used it to get it off the bodywork.

I did once use petrol to remove tar from the Clio to be fair.....

I found that tar remover took a LONG time to remove spots of paint from my Dad's car.

Clay did the job much quicker.

Looks like clay is the way to go...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
As said id give it a try with Clay, Don't go rubbing too hard though, If it doesn't come off easily just give it plenty of light passes.

If it's not something overly comfortable doing I'm not a million miles away and would happily lend a hand.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
As said id give it a try with Clay, Don't go rubbing too hard though, If it doesn't come off easily just give it plenty of light passes.

If it's not something overly comfortable doing I'm not a million miles away and would happily lend a hand.

Now there's an offer! Whereabouts near Norwich are you? I'm impatient and will probably get annoyed/aggressive and do more harm than good....

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm south of Norwich in Halesworth but work in the city, If you have some outside space and a hose I'm happy to come to you, Sorting a day may be tricky as I work an unusual shift pattern.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
I'm south of Norwich in Halesworth but work in the city, If you have some outside space and a hose I'm happy to come to you, Sorting a day may be tricky as I work an unusual shift pattern.

Ah ok not all that far. We've a garage and big drive here or I've access to a proper wash bay and clean (for a farm!) workshop at work although don't mind coming down if its easier! In a couple of weeks we get mega busy with arable and herb harvest so I'll also be limited to days!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok fella, We'll sort something, Sounds like it'll be easier to head your way as I just have my driveway.

Pm some dates that are good for you and we'll see what we can come up with.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ok fella, We'll sort something, Sounds like it'll be easier to head your way as I just have my driveway.

Pm some dates that are good for you and we'll see what we can come up with.

<3 CS love. Such a great forum.