ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who has a ph1 Flame red 172?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Blatently stolen from the exclusive and monaco owners ideas but passed off as my own ;)

Just interested in how many are left, Renault say 60 were sold back in the day and there seems to be more on here than ever before so lets see how many there are.

I'll start with the ones I know of

1. Djw John
2. yeecup
3. dmallet
4. frenchthing
5. Johnathan
6. Roland Rat

Just add your name in if you do and feel free to chuck a pic up too.

IMG_2803.jpg

Cheers
John

LY Megane R26 230
Here's the pic of mine but sadly i think we may lose another as price for replacement parts is stupid! :( cant believe how much ali bonnets and Oz F1's go for so it maybe a breaker
DSC00081-2.gif

phase 1 flamer 172
I think i have one, something i have with the paperwork says its actually burnt orange, is that right?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Roland, just get a normal bonnet and be patient with the wheels. And yeah it will be flame red mate, the only orange was inferno and that only came on 182s

Roland, i want an Ali bonnet, if i find one ill get it resprayed and you can have mine, resprayed about 3months ago so fairly mint. Just needa Ali bonnet lol.

As for f1's the prices people want are pretty stupid sometimes.

hazzamondo

ClioSport Club Member
  986 boxster
1. Djw John
2. yeecup
3. dmallett
4. frenchthing
5. Johnathan
6. Roland Rat
7. T_2_the_C
8. hazzamondo

I know this one was on the forum a few owners ago.

IMG_4962.jpg

Clio 172
I have just bought a W plate phase 1 in Flame Red, first 172 I ever drove back in 2001 was a flame red 172 and I saw this one and had to have it. Sorry no pictures yet.

The wheels are clio williams wheels (speedlines) powder coated white.

The car is stripped, but lowered a fair bit, i couldn't tell you exactly as im on the coilovers. But its lower than 40mm apex springs where. At a guess 60+mm.

Roland im picking up a Ali bonnet in abit, make me an offer on my bonnet if you want it :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Just a bit! Old pic though? Same exhaust as when you bought it? That must be about a year now yeah?

yeah old pic. just put that exhaust back on as the ktec stealth supersport was doing my head in sooo loud and drony. yeah will of had it a year in 2 weeks time. got hold of an alloy bonnet for it which is mint just needs painting and getting some pure motorsport solid top mounts as they are knocking a bit and annoying me. been a great wee car.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
yeah so does mine, checked the paperwork and it was done in 2007 at around 75k its now on 108k but time wise its over 4 years, thinking of using swr in stirling they quote £380 for both belts etc. fitted.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
yeah was thinking birchdown or rs tuning in leeds but cant be bothered with the trek. might hold off till later next year, probably have sold it by then getting the itch for something else again.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just spotted another elsewhere on the forum

1. Djw John
2. yeecup
3. dmallett
4. frenchthing
5. Johnathan
6. Roland Rat
7. T_2_the_C
8. hazzamondo
9. 2Damnsly
10. 105e

172 Ph1 x 2 - OB&FR
Phase 1's are pretty rare here in Oz. Only 85 made it here in mid 2001 & they were sold as a limited edition. A small handful came in Flame Red. I'm lucky enough to have two Ph1's and one of them (track specced) is a Flamer.

1. Djw John
2. yeecup
3. dmallett
4. frenchthing
5. Johnathan
6. Roland Rat
7. T_2_the_C
8. hazzamondo
9. 2Damnsly
10. 105e
11. Iscariot

Are most of these still around? May need updating for people that have scrapped them, I've seen at least one on this list that has gone!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
1. Djw John
2. yeecup
3. dmallett
4. frenchthing
5. Johnathan
6. Roland Rat
7. T_2_the_C
8. hazzamondo
9. 2Damnsly
10. 105e
11. Iscariot

Are most of these still around? May need updating for people that have scrapped them, I've seen at least one on this list that has gone!

Indeed, yeecups became djw daves but is now being reincarnated and will hopefully be done this year