ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who knows about renault alarms

all i wanna do is take my battery out of my car (1995 clio 16v) but the bloody renault alarm goes off as soon as i disconect the battery. it never used to do this. is there a battery or something for the alarm that may need replacing, also the range that the key fob works now is really low. if anyone can help i would be grateful

cheers

nev

silver valver/hybrid

think there is a switch under the bonnet to turn the alarm off, look in ya manual if you have one. Mines disconnected so dont have this problem.

theres also a key insert switch in the passenger foot well. not a lot of people know this cos upon first glance it cant be seen. you have to really stick ur head down the passenger well and have a look for it. Think this is the immobilisor switch?

mines also disconnected. more of a pain than safe keep. best to get an uprated alarm system!

yea also bout the range of the key fob. the chip inside is proably on its way out. again this had happened to mine, another valver characteristic!!

right the thing is ive got a sgma on it aswell, i want the renault one taken off cos it is a pain but the place that fitted it said it cant be taken off because of the ecu or something.

pete what the chip in the fob or alarm. cool will have a look for it in the light do i need a key for it or is ot just a switch. god i sound thick, lol

is there any reason why the alarm started doing this, it used to all work fine till it went into a garage, got a feelign the battery went flat when it came back cos i was away and someone picked it up and left the lights on, every since then i havent been able to get the battery out and that was liek over a year ago now. really need to sort this cos i think its the battery thats givin gme problems with starting my car.

Clio 1.8 16v

so u have got an immobilisor on ur car and want it off?only 1 way around this get another ecu out of a car with no immobilisor on it me n clean 16v had this problem there is no other way around it unless u get another ecu!!!i have a sigma as well and had to go through a sequance to get my car started now all i have to do is just unlock it with the sigma thob n turn they key n its starts alot easyer