ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who Own's the fastest 172/182???

Weeman, I have nothing to prove, I'm sure Matt will speak for himself, but it's hardly a scientific test with different levels of driver and track experience is it? Yoz afterall is an exceptional driver, dunno about Fred, but heard the same again, although I've not had the pleasure of any hot laps with him yet!

Donny, next time your back gimme a call pal and we'll go out for a blast and a couple of beers!

Who knows, maybe I'll get another one when I'm feeling a bit crazy... will have to be on bodies now though, so could prove to be expensive!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Im not into track days as i think there boring - thats just my opinion and im sure a lot of you think quarter miling is boring...fair do's. My car is set up for sheer straight line power - the rear has been raised by 3 inches, its running 155 tyres on the back with 215 Mickey T's at 12psi up front, the front end has been lowered etc etc - the usual drag racing tricks - the car just doesnt do bends.

In saying this all the above can and has been removed and when i do decide to do a track day the car is very competitive. Its fitted with HK adj coilovers, home made steel strut braces ( that do work !! ) it runs on a set of new Ex cliocup michelin racing slicks with polyurethane bushes fitted all round ( wishbones / antiroll bar etc etc ) it runs a quaiffe LSD with 182 trophy hubs / wishbones and brake calipers. On a track the car flies and if anyone remembers that green mk1 scirocco at the FCS that was blitzing everything.... well the TT is a tad quicker on track.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Laingo said:
Yes, but Matt is Nothern. Ergo he lives on pie and gravy, breeds whippets and racing pigeons and probably weighs in the region of 20st.

So he loses. ;)

Thats totally wrong - i stick my c**k in racing pigeons, live off whippets and gravy and live in a big pie.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
I seem to remember yoz avoiding the scirroco overtaking him by hitting 6 directional cones as he went into the chicane and having to stop lol ? the big girl :D

Yozzasport clio is fast ( on a track ) theres no doubt about that.

Last edited:
TheJesus, what car you got now?

Is it a 172 mk1 on itbs? I used to have one of those. What power you get out of it? Any more plans for it?

When setup for the track (since its only fair to comapir it when setup for more than 1/4 mile) I'd say it would win on the faster ciruit as said its one hell of a quick car. Even if its 10mph slower on the bends and 1mph=10hp Matts still ahead by about 100hp plus his cars lighter since he's got his car even more stripped. On a twist trace I'd say Yozzasorts car would have the edge.

But Matts car hasn't got an original 172 shell so is it s real quick 172/182 only thing its got are hube from a 182 I think.

Then again Yoozas car has been gutted with aftermarket stuff so is that a true plain 172/182?

I'd say the fastest true 172/182 stock one would been Chris and Nics Cup as that was always very quick.

Lionel Richie
Chris K said:

Is it a 172 mk1 on itbs? I used to have one of those. What power you get out of it? Any more plans for it?

he has your old car i believe

Lionel Richie
edde said:
When setup for the track (since its only fair to comapir it when setup for more than 1/4 mile) I'd say it would win on the faster ciruit as said its one hell of a quick car. Even if its 10mph slower on the bends and 1mph=10hp Matts still ahead by about 100hp plus his cars lighter since he's got his car even more stripped. On a twist trace I'd say Yozzasorts car would have the edge.

But Matts car hasn't got an original 172 shell so is it s real quick 172/182 only thing its got are hube from a 182 I think.

Then again Yoozas car has been gutted with aftermarket stuff so is that a true plain 172/182?

I'd say the fastest true 172/182 stock one would been Chris and Nics Cup as that was always very quick.

and driven by a homo???

Chris K said:

alright fella, I have your old 172 on ITB's and yeah, couple of things in the pipeline :D

wide band lambda to stop the juddering between 2-4k when on constant throttle, otherwise it's eating fuel and then another remap... been told it should easily see 230bhp! :eek:

after that refurb on the alloys to black/silver lip

one day bottom end.

things already done or doing are:

New locking bonnet catch/pin jobbies - on order
Uber Tracker - done
Anti Hijack - done
Bonnet alarm - doing in the next few days

It's almost where I want it to be anyway, the bottom end is the last thing on the list really though. Enjoying it, went to the airport tunnels last night and managed to get the awesome figure of 5.0mpg average :eek: :evil: lol

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Dont know why but this popped up in 'related threads'

Thought it would be fun to get an update of this 6 years down the line, now that things have 'moved on a bit'

So who do we think has potentially the fastest 172/182?

My money is on either AndyRG, Wilkyway, Craigs Sunflower or T.Trophy's trophy when its eventually finished....why is it they're all from the NE though? ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I should be on the list and im miles away from the NE thankfully :rasp:

True, it is the land of boosted clio's though so you'd feel right at home up here :)

I did think about yours but wasnt sure of its current 'condition'

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
It would be great fun to get all of the fastest clio's down to somewhere like bruntinthorpe and get some times for them all, all great having the power but useless if you can't use it :), I'm sure it would get some interest from magazines etc

Clio 182
I don't know if any of you remember my cousin, Dean's old Supercharged Clio running 340+bhp?

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I miss this weapon!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Toms Supercharged cup is the fastest Clio i've ever seen,
it was destroying a lot of people at the drag day the other month.

Although it never faced the dog kennel so who knows,
I may very well be quicker over a 1/4 mile, but on by stuffing dog hair in his engine so he never gets of the line.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Toms Supercharged cup is the fastest Clio i've ever seen,
it was destroying a lot of people at the drag day the other month.

Although it never faced the dog kennel so who knows,
I may very well be quicker over a 1/4 mile, but on by stuffing dog hair in his engine so he never gets of the line.

Tom's SC 172 is by far the fastest Clio I've been in/ driven.

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Dont know why but this popped up in 'related threads'

Thought it would be fun to get an update of this 6 years down the line, now that things have 'moved on a bit'

So who do we think has potentially the fastest 172/182?

My money is on either AndyRG, Wilkyway, Craigs Sunflower or T.Trophy's trophy when its eventually finished....why is it they're all from the NE though? ;)

Ppffffft not even a mention in the top 4 ha ha,

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Ppffffft not even a mention in the top 4 ha ha,

Not ready yet is it, although neither is steve's, atleast we know his was capable of 375 bhp back a long time ago now haha

I'd imagine the supercharged clio's will be quicker over a 1/4 mile as the power delivery is much smoother, however over a mile I can see the turbo's catching back up no problem

big boost cup
Not ready yet is it, although neither is steve's, atleast we know his was capable of 375 bhp back a long time ago now haha

I'd imagine the supercharged clio's will be quicker over a 1/4 mile as the power delivery is much smoother, however over a mile I can see the turbo's catching back up no problem

i have a special trick in case they start catching me ;)

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Whats the plans/spec of that then

Lightened/forged low comp, 630cc injectors, gt2860rs and gen90

fully rebuilt with arp bolts, total seal piston rings, forged rods and low comp pistons.

currently mine is 220hp low pressure turbo but been building this from a spare engine. Hoping for a genuine 300-350.

big boost cup
Lightened/forged low comp, 630cc injectors, gt2860rs and gen90

fully rebuilt with arp bolts, total seal piston rings, forged rods and low comp pistons.

currently mine is 220hp low pressure turbo but been building this from a spare engine. Hoping for a genuine 300-350.

sounds good you make the plenum yourself?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Sounds good, will be if it ever runs again! Focrs was selling it on here it's a modified jenvey throttle body, he made it himself.

f4cda70403e2e9d139bd7d24164a0225.jpg

I should be on the list and im miles away from the NE thankfully

Aww tom dont be like that lol, yours would be right at home here in the NE.

What is the current spec/power of yours?

It would be great fun to get all of the fastest clio's down to somewhere like bruntinthorpe and get some times for them all, all great having the power but useless if you can't use it :), I'm sure it would get some interest from magazines etc

Thats the biggest problem having that much power going through the front wheels, i couldnt put the power down at all in the wet thats why its gone away for the winter & hopefully come march itll be dry & ill have lots of grip & then see if i need to up the power :evil: but 320 seems more than enough.

As far as i know Deans old SC182 is still going strong & made very good power.

Once Owens 182 is finished that will be another boosted clio for the NE & Chris dont forget Kris's megane powered 197 i know its not a mk2 but thats going big power soon too.

Im liking the look of your forged engine Scotty.

big boost cup
Aww tom dont be like that lol, yours would be right at home here in the NE.

What is the current spec/power of yours?

forged low comp. rotrex blower about 330bhp last time on the rollers.
WON nitrous kit and progressive controller so should run another 50/80hp through it in the summer