ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who's fault was this ??

PB Clio 172
Ok this happened about 18 months ago but got me thinking.. I was driving my Clio 16v and I got pulled over for no insurance. I had insurance and would not be driving else. They did some checks and said I am not insured as it doesn't come up on the database. They then said they were going to tow my car away. They asked me some questions and they gave me the benefit and let me drive home as long as I show the station my docs. I told my insurance what happened and they said this is the police's fault for not updating their database. When I took my docs in to the police they said it was insurance's fault for not putting it on putting it on the database.

who's fault was it? as someone is lieing to me and I nearly got my car in a compound ! :dapprove:

Listerine & Poledo
Does it matter?

Let them argue about it, so long as you dont get any further grief about it

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It's the insurers fault.

I've got two works van at the moment that have been flagged up via ANPR as having no insurance.

I've provided copies of cover notes/policies etc. and they've told me that they levy a penalty against the insurer for not updating the database the police use. It's the insurer's responsibility to make sure the MID is updated.

PB Clio 172
Insurers fault, they didnt add you to the MID.

ok thanks for that always wanted to know. When I asked them of course they said that it wasn't their fault.

Adrian Flux is who did not update it then. The police told me that if my car went into the compound they would send my insurance the bill for it. If thats true I dont know. Lucky my new car is on the database now !

Evo 8 MR
This has happened to a friend before and they were insured via adrian flux too, guess it's just a silly mistake.

PB Clio 172
I have had lots of problem with Flux. They said on the phone at the time it was the police's fault.

They give me the cheapest quote so I have no choice but to stay with them ! :dapprove: