ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why are my top mounts coming loose??

Clio 172
Ok so I have new gen renault shocks and springs fitted a couple of months ago and now my top mounts are coming loose , this is strange as I have a windy gun to whizz them tight then low and behold they come loose after a few miles , is it worth changing the top mount or is it something I've not thought of ? ........... Stupid car lol
thanks guys

is it something I've not thought of ? ........... Stupid car lol
thanks guys

I have a windy gun to whizz them tight

I believe you've answered your own question.

Get a swan neck spanner and a hex head socket on a torque wrench. It's something in the *region* of 25 Nm. Your impact gun is probably just spinning the damper shaft and doing no good whatsoever to the damper shaft seal.

edit: you'll read other posts where people use an impact gun. Regardless of it working for other people it is the wrong method and not how the top mount is designed to be tightened up.

I believe you've answered your own question.

Get a swan neck spanner and a hex head socket on a torque wrench. It's something in the *region* of 25 Nm. Your impact gun is probably just spinning the damper shaft and doing no good whatsoever to the damper shaft seal.

edit: you'll read other posts where people use an impact gun. Regardless of it working for other people it is the wrong method and not how the top mount is designed to be tightened up.

This.