ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why are the best cars all in Ireland

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol! I couldn't for the life of me work out why the stitching was upside down in pic 5 :eek:

Sods law mate. I found that all the best cars were either down south or up in Scotland when I was looking :p

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 172
No, insurance isn't due untill September. Just can't help but look. Trying to keep an open mind between, megane, z4 or 350z

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Rb Clio 182
I'd never ever buy a car from ireland again , what most people don't know is .... Car is HPI clear never damaged. have HPI report to prove ..... hmmm yea it might be straight but what you got to realise is if you got a cat d or c car over here if you take it over to irelnd and register it over there it wipes the insurance marker off it . So when you hpi it your self it shows that it is a straight car .

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Rb Clio 182
Not sure dont think so mate "( there's alot of people getting stung with this lately people buying damaged car's repairing them no some one over in ireland say they have bought register it pay £25 and then say it was sold again to some one over here and BANG the cat C or D has gone . And the value double's ")

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 172
Thanks for the advice. gona save my self a small fortune and wont be flying over to look at it tbh.

can wait untill one comes up over here.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Rb Clio 182
Yea Just dont want a fellow CS member get stung lol ") and lose money hand over fist like i have .

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
it's pretty much a fact that car's are better value up north. which pi**es me off as im about as for south as you can go lol.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Merc
I'd never ever buy a car from ireland again , what most people don't know is .... Car is HPI clear never damaged. have HPI report to prove ..... hmmm yea it might be straight but what you got to realise is if you got a cat d or c car over here if you take it over to irelnd and register it over there it wipes the insurance marker off it . So when you hpi it your self it shows that it is a straight car .

What a load of b****cks!

What is the point in doing something like that when to import a car into the Republic of Ireland you have to pay VRT tax which is usually between 20% and 40% of what the government think its market value is?

Anyway that Megane is on bloody UK plates. Its a UK car so you can HPI it and its in Northern Ireland still part of the UK.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
I think people are getting Ireland and northern island mixed up. Getting a car from the north is exactly the same as buying one locally except for distance. Hpi is the same and tax etc. Southern island I wouldn't have a clue

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Merc
I think people are getting Ireland and northern island mixed up. Getting a car from the north is exactly the same as buying one locally except for distance. Hpi is the same and tax etc. Southern island I wouldn't have a clue

If the car has spent its whole life from new in southern ireland then you cannot HPI it like you can in England however there are Irish alternatives. If the car was imported from England into Southern Ireland then you can get the previous registration and HPI that in the UK.

If you buy a car from Southern Ireland you must import it to the UK, where upon you will have to MOT and re-register the car. You do not pay any vat or import charges.