ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why Is 197 Cheaper to insure than a 1*2?

I wouldv thought it wouldv been more due to market value... evidently not...
anyone done a quote a found a 197 cheaper?

Was a 197
197 is group 15, but a cheap 15 though!!

Insurance companies look at your area and see what the crime rate is in your area and make their judgements on that

pretty safe area, hardly any breaking into's and everyones got a drive so its not too bad, crime rate is pretty low

Was a 197
there ya go, must be that 1*2s are more desirable than 197s. Another reason could be is the alarm on the 197 is pretty. It can be set of while your pressure washing your car!!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
pretty safe area, hardly any breaking into's and everyones got a drive so its not too bad, crime rate is pretty low
Doesn't work that way. I live in a very safe area, barely any car crime, lots of police presence (due to the rich folk kicking up a fuss), yet the insurance companies regard it as highly risky.

Doesn't work that way. I live in a very safe area, barely any car crime, lots of police presence (due to the rich folk kicking up a fuss), yet the insurance companies regard it as highly risky.
not saying i live on the vegas strip lol but since moving and changing my address, my insurance company shaved quite abit off... yeah im aware they do take quite abit into consideration and does vary, im just guessing that im lucky =]

there ya go, must be that 1*2s are more desirable than 197s. Another reason could be is the alarm on the 197 is pretty. It can be set of while your pressure washing your car!!!
yeah, suppose so, but the 197 has grown on me quite abit, though id still get a 182, think i prefer the solidity of a newer car...

Megane R26
They are more expensive for me - £690 for 197 R27, 182 was about £605 or so, both with the same insurer...

Was a 197
thats what the OP thought, other way round for him

A big chunk of your insurance comes from where you live

Car value comes into play in areas of higher car crime. In areas where car crime is low, it is based more heavily on claim history and insurance groups.