ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why on why

Are there so many nearly new 172 mkIIs with less than 10000 miles for sale? Is it because they have som many problems?

I dont understand it - it seems that the owners on mkIs keep them much longer?! Most of the 30 thousand milers you see for sale are 1 / 2 owners. How may owners are the mkIIs going to have had by 30k if theyre first owner is selling before theyve even done 10k?

I was the second owner of mine, it had done 7k then.

I think all the teething problems have put people off, small niggles etc...

They get sick of the sight of the Renault service department, so they sell them thinking that it will never end and the next person benefits from all their hard work...

Love mine its been very reliable, now all the niggles are gone..

7.6cc :D

I was the second owner too, but mine had only done 1k

Strange, the other owner mustnt have liked him :(

good question

im the second owner of my mkII, had 9,200 on the clock when i picked it up

no niggles as far as i can tell - still early days mind

I find it quite concerning - I cant understand people buying new then loosing loads by selling after 2.5 - 10k ?!?!

Im in the process of deciding which to go for...

Might just wait till the 182 comes out - there should be another drop in the 172s residuals then...

(The title of this thread should also really have been Why oh why - Doh)

ive just done 2k in my new 172, so far not a single thing wrong, its loosening up fine, 40+mpg, nothing to even think a bout going back to the dealer for. Big HINT!!!! i gently run it in, eve now, ive never gone past 6000rpm, theres more than enough power that high up, also in the morning i dont go above 3krpm until the engine is on full temperature, the pay off though is a car that feels solid, very reliable, no rattles, and will last a long time,

Hmmmm Im the first owner of mine... and its done something over 21k miles..... wouldve done more if I hadnt stuck it in garages for the last 4 months :-S

And no-one will get the chance to ever buy mine.

company cars list 2001/2002.

renault had large discounts, lease companies had them out on short term leases???

/y0z

I hadnt thought of that - but youd think most comapny cars would have done relatively high milage for the age... unless the leasing cos just got tired of fixing the problems?

Mind you most of the newish low milage ones on the trader are private sales!