ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why So Blue Clio? (Artic Mirror 182)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Freshly Cleaned/Clayed/Polished Clio 182 Pics

Hi,

Thought it was about time i posted a few pics of my 182, ive had her for 3 weeks now and ive finally had a full day free (well an afternoon) to give the car a good bath.

Today i used some cheap Halfords shampoo complete with hose pipe sprayer to pre wash the car and loosen some dirt (was pure filth) i took a couple of pics on my phone but unfortunately ive lost my data cable so cant post them.

I then washed the car using Meguiars Gold Class shampoo, used AG Intensive Tar Remover to remove the bulk of the tar, i then decided the car needed claying so also did that and finally i polished the car with AG Super Resin Polish and sealed with AG Extra Gloss Polish.

The interior of the car wasnt too bad so just gave it a quick hoover and shampoo'd the carpets using AG Interior Shampoo.

I'm really pleased with the outcome of today, cant beleive the finish ive got from a hand polish.

The car is currently completely standard bar Silvatec indicator bulbs and a colour coded engine cover courtesy of Middo. I'm not really planning any mods other than "tarty" ones such as getting the engine polished as somewere in the cars past someone has had a go at polishing the engine by hand and given up lol.

Got new disks and pads ready to be fitted all round when i next have a day free, so will prob clean the arch's/inside the wheel's and paint the callipers while im at it.

Youll have to excuse the crappy pics, by the time i had finished it had gone dark so had to take pics in the garage.

Anyway some pics -

DSCF1860.gif

DSCF1893.gif

DSCF1862.gif

DSCF1873.gif

DSCF1899.gif

DSCF1900.gif

DSCF1901.gif

DSCF1927.gif

Mirror Finish Pics -

DSCF1980.gif

DSCF1987.gif

DSCF1957.gif

DSCF1956.gif

DSCF1933.gif

DSCF1907.gif

Engine Cover - Thanks again to Middo, engine just needs polishing now and the bay a bit of a scrub up.

DSCF1866.gif

DSCF1912.gif

DSCF1921.gif

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
when i was driving behind it looked like it needed two new exhaust mounts, left especially - but only takes a minute to modify them.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Cheers guys.

Will have a look under the car at the weekend and see what sort of condition the exhaust mounts are in. dont think the exhaust is in brilliant condition anyway. signs of rust around the silencer, so might be new exhaust time im 6months anyway

Audi TT 3.2 V6
little update - the cars a stage shinier again now following a quick waxing after work tonight. only cheapo turtle wax but seems to have given a nice finish. btw its not your usual all in one turtle was in a spray bottle its more of a paste consistancy