ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wife, makeup, interior....

An orange one
My wife works for Lancôme so is always in amongst make up, foundation etc is the worst..

Anyways it seems to always be on key components in the car interior, steering wheel, sunvisor, stereo controls and other buttons.

What I need is some form of quick and easy wipes that will cover most surfaces and can be done without hassle to keep on top of it.
Any suggestions?

An orange one
Any wipes will do, smart price ones, or if you're a baller, pampers.

Serious? These sort of things leave a natural "dull" finish without streaks?? I never even considered household products for cars...

Looking....
Really?
Sounds like some one doesn't want his wife to know he has had another woman in the car who wears make up :wink:

Seriously tho with a 14 month baby who likes to chuck her milk everywhere and a 8yr old lad into rugby/football etc, I use baby wipes for a quick clean, and have a mini detailing box in the boot with leather, glass & dash cleaners and a few microfiber cloths.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I use these Colin;

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tr...rmor-all-car-dashboard-wipes-matt-finish-x-30

I too am paranoid about using something that leaves any element of gloss but these, with a light wipe with a dry microfibre afterwards to remove any slight streaks, are perfect. They also do a gloss version...make sure you pick up the right one! Might seem expensive but two at the absolute most is all I need to do my entire dashboard.

I use these Colin;

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tr...rmor-all-car-dashboard-wipes-matt-finish-x-30

I too am paranoid about using something that leaves any element of gloss but these, with a light wipe with a dry microfibre afterwards to remove any slight streaks, are perfect. They also do a gloss version...make sure you pick up the right one! Might seem expensive but two at the absolute most is all I need to do my entire dashboard.
Exactly the ones I came in to suggest, :ColinG Good call, Mark.

medium_jAPPRtv2-U6I1goumB1ys_WrjLtpe7jWk7IWdla56xo.jpg

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
@gally do you have any other suggestions?

My steering wheel isn't looking it's best and I've been meaning to post about this for ages!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is it not easier just to make sure she doesn't have make up on her hands? It can't be falling off her face etc so it much be on her fingers. Quick wipe of her hand with some alcohol hand cleanser wipes bish bash bosh. It's hardly an old piece of s**t car. The wipes mark suggested is great.

Baby wipes suck balls. They smell like damp baby sick.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Is it full leather @Bubbles ?

Sorry only just seen this, yes it is gally, with white stitching around the inside

I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I do apply my foundation with my fingers and as much as I keep telling myself to wash my hands before leaving I often forget.