ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will a ph1 bonnet fit in a ph1 boot?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
does anyone know for definate if this will fit, going to pick up an alloy one and need to know. thanks.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i need a definative answer from somebody who has either done it or seen it done thanks.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
seats down and it on an angle wil go in easy. take the bottom of the rear seats out so the top half lays flat to make your life easier

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
u sure? have u done it? measuring the width briefly tonight the bonnet is a fair bit wider than the boot? got a 2 and half hour drive to pick it up so really need to make sure it does or im fucked.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i havent done it no but ive had loads of massive things in the boot

surely the width of bonnet would be smaller than the opening of the boot on the diagonal measurement

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
boy im buying it from says he will try it in his mates ph1 tomorrow.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
would be the best bet, might be tight getting it through the boot opening but i would of thought it would fit

Ph1
I'v done it and it fits. Bought a ali bonnet from a fella off here a few years back. Back seat flat down though

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I'd say so, quite easily.
Put it in lengthways & diagonally instead (the ladies love it like that) ​:rasp: ie: don't put the bonnet into the boot the same orientation as it's fitted to the car, turn it through 90 degrees so the front of the bonnet is facing the side of the car, then tilt it up on 1 side and you'll be able slide it right in ;)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
do u need to unbolt anything on the base of the rear seats or do they just pull out

MK3 GTI golf 16v
the bottom half pulls straight out, no bolts or nothing. put your hand in the gap between the top and bottom half of the rear bench and just pull it up

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Do a part ex and swap the bonnets over there!

If you really wanted to maximise space you could take the rears out altogther, extra few cms never goes amiss ;)