ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will this make a difference to my sub?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
right well bascially i have a normall box but with a 12" boss speaker and amp. on saturday i got a puncher and was quite stressed and in a rush when getting the old one out due to how awkward it was i snapped two wires for my.sup i fixed one of them but not the other. the wire that is broke is the male part that goesgoes into my amp the L + R wires its the right pin thats snapped off in it. Cant remember if it sounds different as not drove much recently only curious if it will be affecting the sound! Also anyways of getting the pin out

Clio 182
presume your meaning rca/phono leads - yeah one of them won't work right - even if you reconnect cores they still wont sound right - only like a tenner - just replace

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Yea it will affect your sound, you can break the central pins if its the RCA's or if its a wire thats snapped it will still affect it.

As a word of advice, dont buy cheap as you'll only have to pay twice if you do.

Use some thing like these.
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/con-ft2-550-connection-first-series-2-channel-rca-5.5m.html

I run 4 sets through my car and ive never had a problem from them, even when man handling the board in the boot.
cheers mate ive just got myself something like them just to replace the end pins, any ideas on how to get tbe male part out my amp?

2003 1.2 billabong
cheers mate ive just got myself something like them just to replace the end pins, any ideas on how to get tbe male part out my amp?

get a drawing pin, heat it up with a lighter and poke it into the male part,wait for it to cool then pull it out. simples