ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Jr Project

clio 16valver

Clio Fans!
Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone!
Im Gav from the midlands. I drive a Renault Clio 1.2 8v :(.
Im called Williams Jr because iam in the process of turning my clio into a Williams replica. i dont know if you guys n gals think this may be a stupid idea because the Williams is the daddy and the 1.2 8v is the shadow of all clios but! People under 21 just passed their driving test and love clios would die to own a williams, but cant afford the insurance, so get the next best thing, one that looks like a williams.
Im clearly stating on the car that it isnt a Williams but a williams jr, (where the normal williams decals went on the orginal ive got new ones made saying Williams Jr, so if people look closely they will know it isnt an orginal.
(bit of an essay this is, stay with me) I brought the car standard 3 months ago, horible looking thing cuz the prev owner couldnt give a Sh*t about what his car looked like, since then i have got a 16v bonnet, 16v front and back bumber & front arches. I have a 16v full interior except the dash which im in the process of buying, and i also need some blue seat belts. Ive got the dials ready to be fitted and im looking for some williams wheels. oh and i need the spoiler.
This should be finished in about 4 months, i own a unit with some mates with its own spray booth and my mate is a fully qualified spray painter so the blue n gold is sorted. This car should look awsome when it is done and im only gonna keep it till Feb next yr so if anyone wants it after me stay in touch.

p.s Any contributions are more than welcome :D

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5018/aclio4xe.jpg

Black one is mine....................williams is what it will look like (fingers crossed)

What u reckon?

big red bus

Will be kewl matey... u gona do an engine conversion when you can afford it? oh...and keep 1.2 badges on it :) Good luck and let us know how it goes!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Fair play, looks a lovely motor already :D

Welcome to the club.

A member with sense, rather than spending money on stupid body kits (imho) you are taking a tidy car and using it to emulate the williams.

Fair play :D

clio 16valver

no point doin a engine conversion i mayswel but buy a williams, a few going on ebay. The point of the project is to be an affordable williams for young drivers like me.
there isnt any 1.2 badges on it so cant keep them on but as i said im not gonna make people think it is in anyway a clio williams 16v 2.0 it will just look like a williams and thats all. Be a good lookin clio with style and affordable :)

clio 16valver

im in tamworth near birmingham fella.........know it?
How do i become a memeber not just a user? ive activated my account n so on

A silver Honda

^^
Cliosport is in a transition stage (a new forum) and cant accept any new members at the mo.

but welcome to the club mate:)

Lee

BMW M2C

Yes mate, I live in Cannock and work in the Centre of Brum.

New memberships are on hold at the moment as we are moving to a new forum soon. Once its sorted its a fiver to join.

Rather than doing williams wheels, do something very slightly different to avoid the copying factor, I love the idea though

Good luck with it fella, gonna be costly, but I guess it might save ya money on the insurance side of things.

Least this way u can spend the money when you have it...and youll appreciate the car more.

clio 16valver

exactly, the 16v stuff n the car all together so far has cost me just under 900 pound, respray is free and decals, i reckon 1500 quid and it will be done, and ill make about a grand when i sell it. But im mainly doin it for me, drive a williams replica is gonna be wicked...so price dont bother me
I think i will get the wheels tho, i want it too look 100%

clio 16valver

im look for them as we speak, primas r a b**ch to find, found 1 so far, thats 1 wheel not a set, in black :cry:

willy wheels r number 1 on my willy jr project

Willy, Willy 2, V6

dunno if u realise yet but the willys rear arches are a good few inches wider than a normal clio on each side ! so that means youll have to either cut a section out of the valver rear bumper, or leave the bumper sticking out a few inches each side, heh.

To be honest anyone will look at it and see it doesnt have wide rear arches and know it aint a willy ?

Willy, Willy 2, V6

btw try admiral for a quote on a willy... my girfriend just got insured on a 306 gti with um for 600quid and she aint even passed her test yet. everywhere else quoted silly prices.

"btw try admiral for a quote on a willy... my girlfriend just got insured on a 306 gti with um for 600quid and she aint even passed her test yet. everywhere else quoted silly prices."

1 reason for the scensiable insurance quote the "girl" part!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

There was someone from up north (Mboro IIRC) he did the same as you, looked a nice piece of work. Im in Telford, and theres a fair few more of us around here too...welcome to the club BTW...

Quote: Originally posted by Summeh on 01 August 2005

dunno if u realise yet but the willys rear arches are a good few inches wider than a normal clio on each side ! so that means youll have to either cut a section out of the valver rear bumper, or leave the bumper sticking out a few inches each side, heh.

To be honest anyone will look at it and see it doesnt have wide rear arches and know it aint a willy ?

the rear bumper had the brackets on the side of it cut off and ones from an RT bumper stuck in there place so the sides of the bumper are pulled in so the dont stick out.

clio 16valver

Yer i got the arches Cambs, 50quid, my old man is gonna put them on next week hopefully, i have measured them up and they fit perfectly.

thing is tho Cambs, on the drivers side, the back bumber on the corner is starting to come away, like it shoudnt fit, looks like it needs to bend back into place. Would you know why it is coming away?

because the willy rear bumper is wider than your car.

u will also need
- the rear arches
- the wider track for front and rear
- the suspension set up
- the brakes

its a lot more expensive than u think

- the exhaust to fit the bumper
- willy wheels are massive money too!
- oh and remove your sunroof when it goes in the bodyshop!

the brackets most probably came away from the bumper mate. take the rear bumper off and just stickthe bracket back on usin a lot of epoxy resin!! ull notice that the bumpers sides will get pulled back in towards the car when you tighten them up

clio 16valver

nice one Cambs

Ben J i want it too look like a williams not run like one, suspension sunroof etc will make it too perfect, i mayswell just buy a williams. I wanna do as much as i can to make it look like a williams not replica the williams 100%

Sunroof stays, plus i got a 1500 pound budget i wont go over that, oh and wheels r sorted, there was a guy in Birmingham scraping his written off williams and sold me the wheels and tyres (bridgestone) 250quid, bargain

bargain, r they all straight then yea?

plus doing suspension will be needed as youll look like a 4x4 off roader!

clio 16valver

the car will obviously be lowered on new spings but im just saying the car isnt gonna be 100% williams

Yer the wheels r all straight no buckle or nothin, good as new