ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wilwood movement help

Just fitting a set of second hand Wilwoods. Got them on but them is. Slight bit of movement, about 1mm side to side. Its where the calliper meets the alloy bracket. Iv tried tightening up the two allen key bolts, but still has movement.

Is this ok?

Cup In bits
Can only be slack bolts Sonny or totally gubbed threads/mating faces on the brackets/callipers.

My initial thoughts exactly.

Well I took the calliper bolts off and inspected, it seems that the thread depth is not deeper enough, i.e the bolt is bottoming out. I solved this issue by putting a washer under the bolt head to bring the bolt up from the thread end. Results solid as a rock.

Be interested to hear any other Wilwood owners with the same problem.

I bet there was washers in the kit before... Risks of buying second hand I guess.

My wilwoods never done this or had washers.

I have had big brake kits on other vehicles and the same brackets are used and the bolts/washer combo depends on the disc size.

As long as the pad is on the correct part of the disc and thy don't move you should be fine.

Ok, well l i can say is that the threads was never deeper anothet or the callipers have worn around the bolt throat area.

The washers have not changed the pad location, only 2mm (spacer thickness, I have actually used a spring washer now) of thread less, but still over over 10mm on each bolt.