ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 7 update issues - default profile cannot be loaded ?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hokay .. housemate has a laptop with Win:dead:7 on it .. the few times Windows has updated by itself without warning, it's been unable to log into the default profile so all files etc have gone.

The first time it did this, he put all his files back on which took many hours, then turned it off. Next day it was back in his original profile and the wallpaper etc were all back. At the time we didn't know the problem was with the profile as such...

It's happened since, but he's restarted it and it's solved the issue.

This time, it's giving a warning message that it cant load the user profile, so loaded the default one, which is also amazingly titled the same as his user one :S

Google just gives me 994 MILLION pages about user profiles after update.

Has anyone else happened upon this problem ? Can anyone help resolve this issue, without telling him he should have bought a MBP (which I do every day anyway)...

Thanks.

;)

Easiest way is to create a new profile, had to do it on a machine this morning. Log in as a different user, go in to the users folder on C: and copy the affected profile to make a backup. Right click my computer and in properties, advanced (I think) click user profiles then delete the affected one. Log back in as the normal user and copy the missing documents etc from the backup to the new profile.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i had this a while ago logged off and then back into my proper account no idea what caused it, guess it was just windows being windows