ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen washer leak Rs 200

GT 86
I have searched so if someone has posted it before I apologise for a repost.

I have noticed lately that water appears to be pooling on top of the head under the drivers side washer see below pic.

My wife had the same problem with her Citroen and I had it before on my Peugeot, must be a French car thing, I have sorted the problem by running a thin bead of silicon around where the jet is under the bonnet as I have done with the other cars, and to be doubly sure in case it comes back I have put bonnet lagging in place, just wondered if anyone else has had the issue. I find it pretty crap that things like this still happen (yes I know its French and Renault ;)).

IMG_0348.jpg

Lionel Richie
standard feature, i've never actually looked to see where its coming from though, will have a look at the Gordini on the ramp tomorrow

GT 86
Fred
checked at the weekend when water ie rain/hosepipe falls on the bonnet it somehow gets under where the jet sits on the bonnet and then happily drips away, Citroen did a 6p washer fix that I put on the wifes C3 but that was crap and never worked that's when I used the clear silicon on the underside, Job done :approve:, so that's what I've done on the 200 seems to have worked Ok no more drips at the moment

Clio 200 Trophee
Just curious as I have found the same pooling, do you just pull the hose off to be able to unclip the nozzle? I was looking to silicon the nozzle in place to stop the leaking.

Cheers for any tips

GT 86
Just curious as I have found the same pooling, do you just pull the hose off to be able to unclip the nozzle? I was looking to silicon the nozzle in place to stop the leaking.

Cheers for any tips

I didn't take the washer jets out mate I just ran a thin bead of silicon around the base (on the underside of the bonnet) and smoothed it over with my finger, its done the job, I couldn't be bothered trying to pull the jets out as knowing it was French they would probably break :).