ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter Wheels

Clio 182
Hi all
Need a bit of advice. Want to go to the scrapy for some winter wheels.
So what car can i get a set off that will go on a 182?

Oh and for a cooper s aswell if anyone knows?

Megane RS 250
for the 182, if you have (like me) 185/55/15 M+S a set of wheels off a 1.8 16v would be perfect.

For the cooper S, which year? What tyre size for m+s?

Megane RS 250
That's the biggest size available! If it's a '09 and not a JCW (211 cv, brembo front calipers) than you can fit 16" wheels with winter tyres...maybe even 15" but I'm not sure.
I'd go for 16" because the wheels ara much cheaper and on snow the skinnier the tyres are the better traction you get.
I fitted Pirelli Snowsport both on the clio (185/55/15) and on the volvo V50 (205/55/16) and they are very good. Last year we had a lot of snow and even ice and I went everywhere without any problem.
I'm fitting them today, they say it should snow in the next few days.

Megane RS 250
These are the sizes for the mini:
195/55 R16 87V
205/45 R17 84V
175/60 R16 82Q M+S

The last one needs thinner wheels and they're expensive (VERY!)
So I'd go for a set of used 16" wheels with Nokian WR G2 if you think to encounter a lot of snow, or Pirelli W210 Sottozero if you want a better handling on cold but dry tarmac.