ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiper removal

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
can someone give me some advice... or a hand, ive had a blank made and coloured but i cant get the wiper off, ive had the boot cover off, the motor unplugged and unscrewed, the wiper arm wd-40'd... it wont budge ha

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
pay a few quid and become a member, it's worth it, you'll see ;)

2002 Clio
had a similar problem with mine, you need a wiper removal tool, £15-20 off ebay iirc.

or you could cut the arm from the motor mate, angle grinder should do the trick :approve:

Albi blue 197
get a puller you can get them cheap enough its kinda like a centre punch with 3 hook like things to take grip then when you turn it coz of the tread it pulls it out with alot of force you should be sweet put a good few goes of wd on first n let it doak in

S23

The Cleee-O
I had the same problem mate, did the above guide and came to no success. Just ended up hacksawing off the motor arm, came out instantly. Aha :D

S23

The Cleee-O
aww no, i dont wanna hack it off lol... when i get bored/pissed off i wanna put it back lol

Neither did I mate, but TBH can pick them up for about 15 quid when/if you wanna put it back on. Aha. I spent literally a wholeeee day trying to get mine off, hacksaw was the safest option TBH as I was not in the mood to try anything else. Aha.

a low one
hack saw it off, if your gonna put it back on after a few weeks if you get bored then dont both de-wipering :p

also you could buy another one from a scrappies for pennies

clio mk2 1.6 16v
yeah hack saw it off, i dewipered mine last week was soo hard getting it off. tried most things lol. only takes 2 mins to hack it off lol

PH1 WANTED
Just been reading this thread as I've been trying to do mine but it won't budge. Also I couldn't even get the motor off from inside. Are you guys using 10m spanner and a screw driver?

It's so tight to get the spanner in and I could get it to move. Plus I'm worried about wrecking the head of the screw.