ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless home networking for a moron... HELP!

Clio 172 Mk2
Hi.

I am in need of a wireless network at home, and I need someone here to give me some advice. When it comes to networking, Im a bit of a moron!

Basically, I have a BT Broadband connection. I have 2 laptops. And I have an Officejet 7310 with ethernet port. Now, I would like to connect all of these devices and what I have in mind is the following :-

A Linksys WAG354G ADSL Wireless modem router - wired connection to the phone line, with the HP printer connected to one of the ethernet ports on the router. The two laptops with built in wireless which can both access the net, and both access the printer. Is this possible?

Your assistance will be very much appreciated. Cheers.

A4 Avant & A3
Just a little thought, you "may" need to connect a laptop through ethernet to do the inital setup of the router.

Worth a thought if you get into probs setting it up in the first instance.

Clio 172 Mk2
Cheers guys! Cheers Norris, I had hunch that I would need to set up the router wired before going wireless setting up the modem and security etc etc, and I think its probably best if I install the printer directly connected to the laptop b4 connecting it to the router.

BTW, Clart, cats pyjamas... is that a good thing or a bad thing?:S I havent got the wireless ADSL router yet.