ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless music setup

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
My brothers looking to install some sort of wireless music/speaker system in his restaurant, any recommendations? I know a few people with the sonos thing at home, is the new amazon echo thing any good?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Sonos seems the obvious choice, my local has it linked to a pc in their office with a huge choice of music.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Sonos is good but an expensive way of doing it. That said, there is something to be said for having a proven system that just works.

I've got an Amazon Echo, it's very cool but I would be surprised to see it in a restaurant, and depending on your clients you could always get a customer shout out "Alexa play songs by NWA"

Is wireless the top requirement?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sonos is good but an expensive way of doing it. That said, there is something to be said for having a proven system that just works.

I've got an Amazon Echo, it's very cool but I would be surprised to see it in a restaurant, and depending on your clients you could always get a customer shout out "Alexa play songs by NWA"

Is wireless the top requirement?
It's a listed building with an odd layout. Wireless would just make it easier.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Another vote for Sonos. I have a wireless setup using them at home. Currently using Play:1 (3 of them, may add some of the better speakers.)

In terms of cost, they're £160 each, whether it's from Amazon, or John Lewis (where we bought ours).

Great bits of kit, so easy to set up.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I do like my Sonos 3's.

The app for iOS isn't great, but they're always releasing updates.

Sound quality for the size is fantastic IMO.

330i. E30 Touring.
I have a Play 5 and a Play 1. Quality bits of kit.

Not cheap though as said..

For a restaurant where i assume it's not going to be pumping, Play 1's are more than enough.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Got Sonos playbar, play:5 (the older version), Sonos sub, Sonos connect and 2 play:1 speakers.

the play:1 speakers are brilliant, really great sound and plenty of bass, prefer them to the play:5 which we have in the bedroom.

The playbar, sub, and 1's are connected as a surround system in the lounge. When I added the sub to the system I am thankful I did it during the day because it does a test and at half volume the whole of the house was vibrating!

Have Apple Music and just stream whatever. The connect is wired up to a schitt audio phono preamp and my turntable.

there's a really stupid thing with the app though, if you are using the playbar it doesn't tell you on the source screen what type of audio it is receiving, you have to go through the settings menu and then show your system status and it's displayed there. f**k knows why they don't show it in the logical place.

I don't think you can go wrong with the play:1 speakers, they are ace and the whole thing is scalable.