ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Networking Q?

Quick one guys, got 3 computers in the house, that all require networked so they can be used on the internet without swapping cables etc.

Got a belkin router and 2 adaptors for the other computers

notice that the router has an input which requires an RJ11 cable, with an input from a DSL line, problem is, i use a NTL cable modem connection to the net, which has either a USB or RJ45 output, i think this is where problems may occur

although from searching through as many products as i can, the Cable/DSL routers all appear to be the same product, with no option to choose a different connection

does anyone who uses NTL (with the NTL250 c.modem) have their computers networked? if so, how have you managed it?

if not, anyone have any ideas how i can do this? oviously the RJ45 output on the modem won't connect to the RJ11 input on the router, and the USB output will be completely useless to me

don't mind taking the router back if i need a different one, as it was cheap enough with a staff discount anyway

Cupra
It is probably easier to get a new router/ modem in one. The only other option would be to set up one computer to allow the others to access the internet through it. But this would mean always having one PC on and it would be a lot of hastle to set up.

I have mine networked using a netgear 614 router. Router is great cannot fault it but there 311 wirless card is shite!!!!

The drivers that Netgear provide are pants alos no planes to make a driver to XP64.