ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless storage for iPad mini

I have a GB iPad mini and want to make the storage capacity bigger without going online.
I found this Maxell Airstash and it seems to do what i want to be able to do.
Are there better value alternatives (cost over size) and maybe with more storage?

I'm going away for 4 months to the middle of the Atlantic so want to fill up on films and whilst i am there
​unload the camera which i have a lightning to SD card adapter for.
Cheers

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely piece of kit that! Got me thinking now!

Cup In bits
How do you go about using an external storage device with apple products? They don't speak to anything except cameras afaik?

I think they connect to said storage acting as a home media sharing network thing. Problem is where im going I either dont have fast enough Internet to use or no Internet at all. So want to take what I want with me. That seagate one looks pretty good.

52 172
However you can copy other video formats from Apotop/USB/SD to the Ipad and play using PlayerExtreme app. Bit of a faff though.

Cup In bits
Yeah I have Ace player to do that but never tried it out yet. TBH I don't think it will ever be easy to do unless you buy from iTunes which is exactly what Apple want.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
VLC (on iOS) lets you download from a webserver, theres plenty of apps that should allow multiformat video over wifi.

Just need to do some research. The Seagate app may even let you open files in other apps, that ability is within iOS.

Cup In bits
VLC (on iOS) lets you download from a webserver, theres plenty of apps that should allow multiformat video over wifi.

Just need to do some research. The Seagate app may even let you open files in other apps, that ability is within iOS.

Can you say that in English please?

I'm pretty sure your meaning you can download films to an iPad via a website?!? Pretty pointless when travelling and poor/no wifi is about. Is there any way to take it direct from a hardrive/memory stick irrelevant of the format its stored in and play it on a IPad or iPhone (just like the VLC player on a pc)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Bro, read the thread.

The Seagate drive creates its own network and serves its own content via DLNA (hopefully not solely DLNA)
Using other apps to play back the content would remove the need to convert to MP4.

As for your other question I've never tried it as i don't have a camera connection kit to hand.

Hi dajones,

I think you should get a Wireless External HDD.
I bought one from Storex, the WeZee Disk in 1 Tb.

The devices can work without internet. Just fill it before you go and then you can read all your media from your tablet, smartphone or laptop trhought a wireless network generated by the device.

beside, its a power bank, so you will be able to recharge when on lack of Power :)

then it as a rooter function, so if you have a weak internet connection, it amplifies the signal and provide good internet connection.

I bought mine for 140£ on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/wireless-...-TB-Wireless-router-802-11b-g-n-/121234395532

Enjoy :)