ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring diagram 4 pushbutton start wanted

Yes, I know its not very secure (although it is as you still need the key in the ignition). Yes, I know there isnt any real benefit as you still need to put your key in. But, I still want one. Its easy on my old car, but the wirings different on my 172. Anybody done it succesfully, if so.....how did you do it?

Thanks for your help, please dont sl*g me off for wanting one. I want one, thats it! End of

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

rite, i done this on my fiesta, i got the richbrook illuminated one. i will go and see how its wired up for ya in a bit, i kno mine will be slightly different cos the light goes out wen the engine starts but the rest will be the same.

Top man, thanks for that. Im thinking there can only be a couple of wires to do it. Maybe a solenoid too. Thanks again mate

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

You should try and get one of those keycard units.. you know the ones you keep in your pocket and it recognises you when you get in the car so you just push the start button. Just get one from the new renualt laguna and try and get all the extras ? might be possible, then you just hook up the start button to the recognition system.

note this is just a theory and im sure it can be done but at what cost I dont know

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

rite i think this is how it is, it would be easy if i still had the instructions but i;ve lost em lol. rite, got a relay, one side of the coil goes to 12v via fuse, other side goes to switch, out of switch to ground. that will then engergise the coil wen the button is pressed. then u gotta connect a wire from the solenoid on ur starter motor to one side of the swith on the relay and the other side of the switch to 12v.

sorry its hard to understand but im thick lol, im pretty sure thats how its wired.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 28 September 2003

You should try and get one of those keycard units.. you know the ones you keep in your pocket and it recognises you when you get in the car so you just push the start button. Just get one from the new renualt laguna and try and get all the extras ? might be possible, then you just hook up the start button to the recognition system.

note this is just a theory and im sure it can be done but at what cost I dont know

Thats a good idea! might enquire!!