ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring horn on aftermarket wheel

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Right ive searched but to no avail on what i really want... ive bought an aftermarket steering wheel, the centre horn piece has a + lug to connect to but their isnt an earth on it? any ideas on how to wire it all up correctly as i dont want no fires :rasp:

Thanks

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
one mate, the button you push touches a contact point with a lug on it i presume this is + ?

Megane 225 F1
I tried and failed many times. Just put a ph1 indicator stalk on with a horn button. Easier tbh :eek:

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
P1010668.jpg

Theres a pic of the one connection point, dont really want to change my stalks to be honest will

Megane 225 F1
It's easy. Trust me. Just don't get annoyed with a cable being in the way and ripping it out in anger. Then realising it's the airbag wire :eek:

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
got any pics on how you did it and what a ph1 stalk looks like in the car?

Megane 225 F1
Stalk looks the same as before. Only difference is that it will have a button on the end exactly like the one on the other side of the trip computer.

Doing it is easy. Take steering wheel off. Remove the lower plastic. Unscrew stalk. Unplug. Repeat in reverse for putting the other one in.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
There is no need to get a ph1 stalk! when i got my aftermarket wheel i searched and searched for answers to wiring the horn, the responce available is either
nobody knows
it will set on fire

after getting sick i drove 5 mins to an autoelectrician, gave him £10 and drove away 5 mins later repeatadly beeping my horn that worked again for this first time in months!

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
I'll go see my local auto electricians for now then see what they think :)

They are a PAIN in the ass to fit - they earth through the steering wheel
But the times I tried to get that to work on the clio it did actually result in fire LOL

You can get normal horn pushes off the net that have 2 connections - just measure the hole in your steering wheel and buy another - it's a s**t load cheaper than an auto electrician

I've got a ph1 stalk in mine because the sabelt wheel hasn't got a horn push - it takes about 10mins to fit

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Again though like i said, i was charged £10 from an autoelectrician to wire mine up.took him 5 mins.worth checking out with youre local place

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
To fit a ph1 stalk do the standard connectors just plug into it for the horn etc? if so i think im going to go down that route if i can get hold of one cheap enough :)