ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring in Fogs

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
Hi all,

My little Grande came without front fogs so I've fitted some myself but during this process I realised that I've got no wiring loom for them! to fit the fogs I'd had the whole front bumper off and the fog light loom just isn't there.

I was wondering whether I'm ok to just wire the fogs off the full beams or possibly wire them into my own switch somewhere in the cabin.
If I was to wire them into the main beams would the fuse be ok? Or if I was to wire my own switch in what fuse would I need? Or even if I managed to wire them into the rear fog light switch would I need a bigger fuse on that?

Thanks for reading!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Iv fitted fogs for a few people and they just ask them to be wired up to the main beam.. never had to put a bigger fuse in.

Clio Sport 182
It would be easyer to run them off of your own switch. Really you should put them on there own relay and use a sidelight live for the low ampage side of the relay so they can only be switched on when you have your side lights on. Keep it all legal ;)

Im sure you can get a foglight wiring kit from halfrauds with the relay, fuse and some wire.