ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wish Bone Replacement Questions

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
just went to my local parts place to pick up a new wish bone for the 182.

the chap was very helpful, he said only one supplier stocked a wish bone for a 182 and according to them the 182 wish bone is the same as a standard clio wish bone. he said which is odd as other places listed normal clio wish bones but not one for the sport. so if the sport and normal clio wish bones are the same why was no one else listing them.

anyone offer any advice?

also anything to watch out for when changing a wish bone? im assuming no special tools are needed?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
They are the same, Apart from the sports have a 12mm bolt hole and non sports a 10mm bolt hole set up for the ball joint.

This ebay link has them both, Inc new ball joint and new pinch bolt
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLIO-2-0-...818?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27f96bcbaa

I would replace both sides if your going to do it.
And also i would replace the ARB bushes on the ends as you will have them free: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...900?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item259dcd950c

You will need a Ball joint remover tool to get the old one out such as : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Fork-...045?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item486c9c5ced

and then LOTS of patiance

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
heres the one ive got

DSC_0297_zpspe5bpleu.jpg

it cost me £30 and it does take a 12mm bolt

Jul172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceberg 172
That's not the correct type for a 182, the ARB mounting is incorrect.
Here is a picture of the correct n/s bottom arm for comparison.
?temp_hash=8dded6fdde16094de7e7c2cc82a53032.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1226.JPG
    IMG_1226.JPG
    619.5 KB · Views: 337
  FF Clio 182
The one in the top pic isn't even for a clio. That wishbone it to take drop links but clios don't have them ....

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Haha sorry. Was just annoyed.
to be fair I did give you the link and it looked like you ignored it.
So I gave you links to single ones too, they are a very food price, don't skimp on wishbones

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
not a problem, thanks for the links.
Haha sorry. Was just annoyed.
to be fair I did give you the link and it looked like you ignored it.
So I gave you links to single ones too, they are a very food price, don't skimp on wishbones

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
The bolt that seems to clamp the metal around the actual ball joint on the end of the wish bone, I'm assuming I need to remove this?

It's fooking solid and won't budge

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
wishbone done and my horrible creaking noise has gone :)

took me 3 hours, went pretty well no major issues. one stubborn bolt but got it out in the end.

getting the antiroll bar (thing that's what it is) back was a bit of a b**ch. the rubber on the end is a bit twisted but its in

suppose I best do the drivers side now

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Did you have both of the front wheels off the ground? Because it shouldn't be difficult to fit an outer anti roll bar bush.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
well that's not what I wanted, took the car for a drive this morning, first time after doing the wishbone and its making a loud bang/bonk.

seems to be when doing a full steering lock or a tightish turn.

what can you get wrong when doing a wishbone?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
am going to take the wheel off later and check
the clamp round the anti roll bar, im assuming that is done up tight to clamp the roll bar?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Yea that needs to be tight.

After i changed my Wishbones the drivers side has a clunk when turning. It was diagnosed as CV joint by a garage.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Just checked and everything is fine

It can't be the drive shaft, when pulling away it's perfect no noise nothing.