ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you like p**n with that, sir?

Evo 5 RS
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadband/370456/p**n-blocking-what-the-big-four-isps-are-actually-doing

BT will be forcing new subscribers to make a decision on whether they want adult content filters switched on as part of the installation procedure for BT broadband. Only new customers will be forced to make a choice - existing customers will be sent a letter reminding them of BT's filtering software.

BT will continue to use the McAfee Family Protection suite it currently offers to its broadband customers for free. This isn't a network-level block, but PC-based software. That means devices such as smartphones and tablets will not be filtered.

:quiet:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Stupid thing is the way they are talking about it would even stop you googling say "terrorism" will be great for kids homework etc as well!

Content filtering is a huge fail. MrsDucks mobile has adult content filtering on automatically and it filters lingerie shopping sites, which when she is trying to be sneaky and order her wedding lingerie is a pain in the arse! Especially as it meants i am going to have to get on the phone to get it turned off as the contracts in my name and you can guarantee I will end up speaking to a woman who sounds fit and willthink I'm a pervy man who wants to w**k off in the toilet over my phone!

Not good imo Why is it they make out p**n pops up all over the place by itself when it doesn't? Also say if you had the filter activated on install i take it you could have it switched off at a later date?

Currently have this system on mobile phone browsing. It tends to block stuff that isn't needed and it also blocks a lot of Warez sites that don't have adult content on them....

Sorry - my post made completely no sense. All that will happen is that they will ask you to opt in to the blocking service. It is not an opt out service so I fail to see the problem.

Not a 320d
Think O2 have done this to me, I have to ring up and provide credit card details or something. Really cant be fucked.

Nothing better than sitting at work watching p**n on your mobile....

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Think O2 have done this to me, I have to ring up and provide credit card details or something. Really cant be fucked.

Nothing better than sitting at work watching p**n on your mobile....

All mobile phone companies do this, they have done for years.