ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you say this tyre puncture is repairable?

Can this tyre be repaired?

• Fixable

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Needs replacing

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
As per title really. Apparently it's too near the edge to repair...I call bullshit...but tell me what you think

Attachments

• 20160528_160757.jpg
    20160528_160757.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 85

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It's difficult to say. I think it probably is repairable. Has it went in at an angle and potentially hit the inside of the outside if you know what I mean?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It's difficult to say. I think it probably is repairable. Has it went in at an angle and potentially hit the inside of the outside if you know what I mean?
Nope, straight in. If I was to say it's Kwik s**t you'd probably say it's fully repairable but they want me to pay out (it's a lease car but it is the principle!)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Take it elsewhere? Never understand why folk goto kwik fit unless it's an emergency on a Sunday!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Take it elsewhere? Never understand why folk goto kwik fit unless it's an emergency on a Sunday!
I have to as it's a lex vehicle. They cover costs, but I have to slum it here. Would rather go somewhere I know I can trust and I do with the 182....that doesn't touch Kwik s**t!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Most places won't touch punctures on the corners as quite often they still leak.

182 ff/ 5 gt turbo
Too close to the edge to repair, by rule a tyre should only be repaired if the puncture is in the central 3/4 of the tyres tread.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Fair enough gents, I just thought Kwik s**t were taking piss in their usual manner...