ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox 360 inside

just been having alook inside the xbox 30 and must say its very different from the xbox of old :)

everything is branded microsoft except the dvd drive and the hard disk

there are only 2 fans to cool the gpu's and the cpu so it shouldnt be too loud fingers crossed its also quite hard to get into this time
hard disk and dvd drive are all sata and the dvd drive has a propriatory power connector again

Lee

BMW M2C
They do run pretty quiet, even with the DVD emulator on top of the dev kits they aren't anywhere near as noisy as the old ones or the PS2.

Last edited:
glad they run quiet as i cant stand trying to watch a film with the xbox and with the volume down

coco thats the one :)

it will be intresting to see how long it takes to get the hd swapped out and other bits :)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Also, I hate it when they make something smaller but then have a huge fuckoff external power supply... so basically guys you just moved the PSU from inside the case to outside :S great work !

Lee

BMW M2C
KDF said:
Also, I hate it when they make something smaller but then have a huge f**koff external power supply... so basically guys you just moved the PSU from inside the case to outside :S great work !

The PSU is f**king huge and weighs a ton. Also it doesn't use a standard power cable, it uses an IEC 320 "hot" kettle lead. Similar to a normal one used on a PC etc, but it has a notch out the bottom and is rated to a higher temperature. None of of the ones we have came with them so I had to find somewhere that sold them. Not easy to get I can tell you.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
KDF said:
Also, I hate it when they make something smaller but then have a huge f**koff external power supply... so basically guys you just moved the PSU from inside the case to outside :S great work !

I know, it's fecking massive :(

SLK 350
Theres 6 fans in the PSU itself and 2 built into the plug socket.

Indeed i hope Xecuter come up with the goods and allow it to be chipped, only then will i buy one. XBMC + Homebrew = Happy.

Clio 182
had a play on a xbox 360 yesterday was nice, but i wont be buying one.... Pop into your local GAME shop or any decent games shop and they will have demo stations out by now :)