ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox and Virgin Wireless Issue

Kawasaki ER6N
Yesterday I upgraded my Xbox 360 Elite for a new 250gb Slim however I am now having major issues trying to connect to my network wirelessly.

The old elite was a pain to connect at first but it was solved however I can not remember how I did this. I am having to use the external wireless adapter with an usb cable extender due to the xbox being in the cellar. It finds the network no problem and never has less than 3/4 bars of signal however it keeps getting an IP address error when I run the test. On the rare occasion that it does connect it stays connected for maybe 10 minutes and then loses the signal and again when I try to reconnect I get the ip address error.

I tried setting the address manually as well as resetting the super hub etc but nothing seems to work.

All other devices are connected without any issues.

Anyone on virgin had similar issues?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I have Virgin and now connect using a cable.
Our Home Hub thing was f**king shite and always chucked me off, even after 'sorting' it out.

Kawasaki ER6N
Unfortunately there is no way I can use a cable due to the distance I am away from the hub.

Until the new xbox is was perfectly fine no drop outs or anything I can only think that the new xbox must use or send the signal differently.

Will try later bringing the xbox upstairs and trying it with the build in wireless and see if that helps.

Clio 172
Plug into your normal wall plugs, and you plug an Ethernet cable into them.

They use the power cables inside your house to transmit data. Just use one at each end, with an Ethernet cable from router/Xbox to power line adapters. Has to be plugged straight into the wall tho (not through extension leads etc), but you can get ones you can plug leads extra things into (so wall plug -> power line adaptor -> extension less ->)