ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Honda. Tesla Someday
One X had a couple issues [emoji1787]

I don’t remember the One X having any issues - what were they??

I have my One X Project Scorpio edition from the day it released and its still going strong. I also have my “Day One“ edition Xbox which is also working fine lol

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
On the One X wasn't there are issue with a batch of them that had fan issues? Mines was perfect but pretty sure I can remember folk having noisy fans. My launch day 360 lasted with no issues, though my launch day PS4 had the dead on arrival HDMI socket issue and had to be returned.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t remember the One X having any issues - what were they??

I have my One X Project Scorpio edition from the day it released and its still going strong. I also have my “Day One“ edition Xbox which is also working fine lol
Black screen of death caused by issues with the hdmi board/port and the overheating issue due to poor/lack of thermal paste on the CPU

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I’ve still got my Day One Xbox one, Minecraft version & Xbox One X. Never had any issues with any of them.

Not an Xbox fanboy in the slightest........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda. Tesla Someday
Anyone’s Series X order from Microsoft still say “Label Printed” on UPS tracking?? Like wtf why isn’t it on its way already?

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
b378bfef2dfbce02c21d6178221d0e45.jpg

f**king nowhere apparently [emoji23][emoji23]

Honda. Tesla Someday
I have one coming from Microsoft and one from Amazon. Both say they will arrive tomorrow yet neither have shipped lol.

(Second one is for my nephew - if only one arrives he’s going to have to wait lol).

I am sh*tting bricks now.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I have one coming from Microsoft and one from Amazon. Both say they will arrive tomorrow yet neither have shipped lol.

(Second one is for my nephew - if only one arrives he’s going to have to wait lol).

I am sh*tting bricks now.
I wouldn't worry about the Amazon one tbh. By now your console will be at your "localish" hub. We regularly get dispatch emails in the early hours on the day of delivery saying its been shipped.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My Amazon order has been dispatched :D

I told work I might not be around much tomorrow if it comes early 😆

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Still not figured out where mines going to go.
Too big to fit in the slot where my one x is.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Still not figured out where mines going to go.
Too big to fit in the slot where my one x is.

That’s my issue too.

I have a floating shelf below my TV which my Xbox One S perfectly slots in. Hmm..

Honda. Tesla Someday
My Amazon order is still waiting to dispatch!

My Microsoft order has FINALLY changed from “Label Created” to ”SHIPPED” and is now with UPS!! WOOO!!!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Amazon emailed me saying thanks for pre-ordering the Series X, and then gave me a £10 voucher for any Xbox controller. I have the original Elite controller and I’ve had it since it launched, so its getting on a bit. The Elite Series II is £159.99 everywhere but Amazon has it listed for £148.

So I used the £10 code and just bought the Elite Series II for £138 - it’s also arriving tomorrow!

YAY!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Amazon emailed me saying thanks for pre-ordering the Series X, and then gave me a £10 voucher for any Xbox controller. I have the original Elite controller and I’ve had it since it launched, so its getting on a bit. The Elite Series II is £159.99 everywhere but Amazon has it listed for £148.

So I used the £10 code and just bought the Elite Series II for £138 - it’s also arriving tomorrow!

YAY!!
I got that email too, quite tempted by the elite controller but not sure I can justify it.

Edit: Decided against it, it's been cheaper on Amazon (£132 and £128) on two occasions in the last month. Might get a better deal on black friday.

Last edited:
  Honda. Tesla Someday
I got that email too, quite tempted by the elite controller but not sure I can justify it.

Edit: Decided against it, it's been cheaper on Amazon (£132 and £128) on two occasions in the last month. Might get a better deal on black friday.

If it drops lower than what I paid, I’ll just buy it again and return this one.

(That is actually the advice an Amazon rep gave me - as returns are accepted till the end of January for anything you buy right now).

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Wow that's stupid money for a controller definitely hard to justify when it really makes little to no difference. It's not like buying a £150 controller will suddenly make you better at a game 😂

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Wow that's stupid money for a controller definitely hard to justify when it really makes little to no difference. It's not like buying a £150 controller will suddenly make you better at a game 😂

It is a lot of money but have you ever tried a controller with the extra paddles on the back or adjustable tension on the sticks? They're not for everyone, but really are much better than the normal ones.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It is a lot of money but have you ever tried a controller with the extra paddles on the back or adjustable tension on the sticks? They're not for everyone, but really are much better than the normal ones.

I've not and for the games I play I've not felt the need for them. I'm sure they are better seen as they cost £100 more though but besides how it feels in your hand there's not really any benefit. For example I wouldn't be any faster on Forza if I had one which is one of my most played games. Of course it's all personal but I've always been pretty satisfied with the standard controller the one that came with my one X is still going strong.

Honda. Tesla Someday

You gotta try them dude. Yes, it is a lot of money for a controller, I totally agree... BUT the experience is second to none. The controller has a much better weight to it, the triggers and tensions on the sticks etc are adjustable and the paddles on the back are game changing. Honestly, I can not play with a standard controller anymore. The paddles on the back are just second nature now, as you never have to take your thumbs off the thumb sticks to press any buttons.

Loads of money, but IMO its totally worth it lol.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I've not and for the games I play I've not felt the need for them. I'm sure they are better seen as they cost £100 more though but besides how it feels in your hand there's not really any benefit. For example I wouldn't be any faster on Forza if I had one which is one of my most played games. Of course it's all personal but I've always been pretty satisfied with the standard controller the one that came with my one X is still going strong.

Ah yeah, for Forza I wouldn’t say an Elite controller would make a huge difference. But for FPS games especially the difference is big as you can keep your thumb on the right thumbstick to aim all the time without having to take it off to press “A for jump” for example.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup

That's fair enough, they're definitely more suited to FPS games.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ah yeah, for Forza I wouldn’t say an Elite controller would make a huge difference. But for FPS games especially the difference is big as you can keep your thumb on the right thumbstick to aim all the time without having to take it off to press “A for jump” for example.

Yeah true I'm sure it can help with FPS and once you are used to it as you say then you're fucked going back to the others. Some shooters you can remap the right thumbstick press to jump etc so there's other ways round that but I can't say I've done that either. I probahly would have bought the original elite as I was tempted but the price plus reliability issues put me off.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Ive had an Elite controller since the first one, Feels massively better than the standard ones, Dont get in with the paddles though so never use them [emoji23]

Quakity of them is a bit hit or miss though, Got stick drift and the grips in both sides have both been glued back on lol

clio 16v
My Amazon order is still waiting to dispatch!

My Microsoft order has FINALLY changed from “Label Created” to ”SHIPPED” and is now with UPS!! WOOO!!!

@DeeKay86

My microsoft series X is now with UPS also. I'm concerned about the Amazon order though - still not dispatched - any movement on yours yet?

Honda. Tesla Someday
What‘s your plan for tomorrow @DeeKay86 ? Unboxing vid? What tv you playing it on?

I might film an unboxing, although it feels “late” now as the every damn tech channel got theirs like a month ago lol!

I’m really not sure what I’ll do tbh... I think I may scream like a child for a bit once it arrives and take a million pictures to spam to friends and on Facebook lol. I’ll also have to go to my nephews house to drop his Series X off when his arrives. Plus there is an Apple conference tomorrow so expect another thread with my notes LOL.

Honestly I just want the damn console and controller now so I can play the games I’ve been neglecting as I wanted to experience them on the superior hardware. It feels wrong to not make a video though, so knowing me I’ll try to film one (as long as the Apple conference doesn’t take over my evening).

Either way, its going to be a very exciting but busy evening!!

Oh and I also need to fish the new HDMI 2.1 cable in to my chimney breast!

Forgot to answer which TV I am playing on - its a Samsung QLED 65inch Q7. It doesn’t have HDMI 2.1 so no 120fps for me for now. It will however do 4K at 60fps with full on HDR10/10+. I only bought this panel for £2000 about 2.5 years ago so need to convince the Mrs that we need a new TV so soon lol!

Honda. Tesla Someday
@DeeKay86

My microsoft series X is now with UPS also. I'm concerned about the Amazon order though - still not dispatched - any movement on yours yet?

Literally checked just now after seeing your message - Amazon now says it has been Dispatched as of 6:53pm. Looks like they will have a few hundred at least to scan in as they are loaded on to vans so I think you should expect yours to be updated quite soon!!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hey everyone!

Just got word that if you are using HDMI 2.1 on your Series X for 4K120hz with VRR you must make sure that your TV is running the latest firmware from the manufacturer. To do this, just go to your TV’s settings and hit the “update firmware” option. Your TV should then download and install the updates.

Some TV’s do require you to manually download the update from their website, throw it on a USB stick and then insert that in to your TV to update. Consult your manual/manufacturers website for a “how-to” on updating firmware.

Might be a good idea to do it today to avoid issues tomorrow!!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hey everyone!

Just got word that if you are using HDMI 2.1 on your Series X for 4K120hz you must make sure that your TV is running the latest firmware from the manufacturer. To do this, just go to your TV’s settings and hit the “update firmware” option. Your TV should then download and install the updates.

Some TV’s do require you to manually download the update from their website, throw it on a USB stick and then insert that in to your TV to update. Consult your manual/manufacturers website for a “how-to” on updating firmware.

Might be a good idea to do it today to avoid issues tomorrow!!

I think we figured my TV supports hdmi 2.1.. hopefully makes the most of a £450 console!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I think we figured my TV supports hdmi 2.1.. hopefully makes the most of a £450 console!

That's not an HDMI 2.1 TV, it's only a 50Hz panel...

Re updates, Samsungs and LGs have had 2.1 support for ages now, Sony have revoked their update as it was causing issues, expect it to be out in time for the PS5 though.