ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Ffs this is going to take a while, even with decent speed

image.jpg

clio 16v
So good news and bad news.

The good: my console has just arrived from Microsoft. :)

The bad: Amazon are now stating that the 2nd console won't arrive until Thursday. We started at a £10 gesture of goodwill credit and I've managed to argue this up to £30. How far do you reckon I can push the f**ckers?

How is it that the company whose online store is a tiny part of their business (Microsoft), can satisfy pre-orders like a well oiled machine, yet the massive online retailing behemoth, with arguably the largest and best setup logistics system on the planet, s***s the bed and can't fulfill?

Honda. Tesla Someday
So good news and bad news.

The good: my console has just arrived from Microsoft. :)

The bad: Amazon are now stating that the 2nd console won't arrive until Thursday. We started at a £10 gesture of goodwill credit and I've managed to argue this up to £30. How far do you reckon I can push the f**ckers?

How is it that the company whose online store is a tiny part of their business (Microsoft), can satisfy pre-orders like a well oiled machine, yet the massive online retailing behemoth, with arguably the largest and best setup logistics system on the planet, s***s the bed and can't fulfill?

I’m in a similar boat, although Amazon haven’t said it’s not coming today - yet!

The Microsoft delivery was flawless and got here by 10:30am. Slightly annoyed with Amazon not even giving me an ETA lol!

I’m surprised you even got £30 out of them tbh, most I’ve ever got from them was £10 lol! What excuse did they have not to deliver today though?? Surely they know what stock they have etc well in advance?! Judging by people going nuts online it seems Amazon have fumbled the launch deliveries a bit!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Oh god ok - so as I said the Microsoft order arrived nice and early. Amazon is now giving the estimate of “11pm” for my order being delivered by them!

LOL wtf!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Ah, plugged from router into Virgin box. Now plugged into new xbox and internet speed is lower 😂

You really just needed to throw them onto an external drive and do it that way 😂

clio 16v
Oh god ok - so as I said the Microsoft order arrived nice and early. Amazon is now giving the estimate of “11pm” for my order being delivered by them!

LOL wtf!

As per my ranting, Amazon are having issues lol.

I just received despatch confirmation so now due tomorrow.

I did manage to dig a £50 gesture of goodwill out of them so not all bad.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Picked mine up from Game at 8am this morning, now just waiting for the new TV to turn up, last minute decision yesterday to order an LG CX, hopefully a big improvement!

Wow that’s a big last minute decision lol!! Enjoy mate sounds like it’s going to be a good day!!

(Don’t forgot to update TV Firmware!!)

Honda. Tesla Someday
As per my ranting, Amazon are having issues lol.

I just received despatch confirmation so now due tomorrow.

I did manage to dig a £50 gesture of goodwill out of them so not all bad.

I have no idea how you got £50 lol, that’s pretty cool tbh, not many companies would do that. Nicely done!!

clio 16v
I’m in a similar boat, although Amazon haven’t said it’s not coming today - yet!

The Microsoft delivery was flawless and got here by 10:30am. Slightly annoyed with Amazon not even giving me an ETA lol!

I’m surprised you even got £30 out of them tbh, most I’ve ever got from them was £10 lol! What excuse did they have not to deliver today though?? Surely they know what stock they have etc well in advance?! Judging by people going nuts online it seems Amazon have fumbled the launch deliveries a bit!

They blamed Covid 😂🤣

It's the go to corporate excuse now when companies can't meet expectations.

The £50 is Amazon credit rather than cash. I've been hassling them all morning, spoke to 6 different advisors. Think they just wanted me to go away.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
It’s a snug fit but this will do for now.

3c28dcb3e5342155074e386b07715054.jpg

It’s only the opening size that’s the issue, there’s plenty or air circulation round it so shouldn’t over heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
In other news, all of the EA Access games are now available through gamepass [emoji1303]

Did I also hear rumours that Disney+ is going to be included in gamepass?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
In other news, all of the EA Access games are now available through gamepass [emoji1303]

Did I also hear rumours that Disney+ is going to be included in gamepass?

1 month trial is what they have added, as a perk.

Honda. Tesla Someday
1 month trial is what they have added, as a perk.

Yep, 30 free trial perk! Perfect for watching The Mandalorian if you haven’t seen it already!!

I can’t believe GamePass is still adding perks - don’t they know it’s already the best deal ever?! It’s kind of mind blowing!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Still f**king waiting on mine.

Argos emailed me last week to say I'll get a notification of dispatch, along with DHL tracking. Not a peep since, twitter full of people in the same boat BUT they are getting delivered! Fingers crossed.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Just downloading gears tactics while I wait for Forza 4 to transfer onto external drive.

Made a schoolboy error last night & copied all my games from external drive to Xbox instead of the other way round [emoji23]

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
First game I’ve played on next gen [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

b5a29e981174aef9a5c334efdd1337fe.jpg

Thought I’d install something quick to pass the time.

Could do some work but that’s not really in the spirit of tossing it off all afternoon while your new Xbox gets ready to play [emoji1787]

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen that Fuser has released.. interested in picking that up at some point (not that it's remotely next-gen looking, I just like the idea)

Honda. Tesla Someday
I am so happy I could literally cry.

I have waited so many years for this.

(One is for my nephew, which is why I have two. I WISH I was selling the second one; they are going for £750+ now!) lol

CA819B59-7856-419D-8ADD-A2C438C5D3D4.jpeg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
CA507E5D-71B1-4388-8CC4-8B7B1235450E.jpeg

It made it!

QUESTION for experts, so probably you @DeeKay86 : The graphical improvements on Xbox One Games that everyone is talking about above... is that compared to a standard Xbox One, or would I see an improvement from an Xbox One X ?

106 gti
The TV finally arrived, just downloading games 😭
Those of you with an LG CX or similar what picture settings am I going for?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve had a fiddle with the picture settings and can’t really figure it. There’s definitely an improvement over my Xbox one S, but I wouldnt say i’m blown away. It does load up quickly though.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
The TV finally arrived, just downloading games 😭
Those of you with an LG CX or similar what picture settings am I going for?
If you're interested in spending a little bit of time getting your OLED configured for optimal experience then I'd check out this:
There's also a forum specifically for CX owners so you might find some useful setup/config stuff there, reckon if you skip to the latter pages you might find discussion on good Xbox setups.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Really impressed with how fast the games load & switch between each other.

Can definitely tell the difference on Doom Eternal & even old 360 games look better.

Will be interesting to see how Forza horizon 4 runs, just downloading the 65gb series x update now.