ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XP Home validating

TDI tyre shreader
Ive just formatted my computer added a new HD and a graphics card, i finished the windows installation and it wont validate its saying i have entered the product key too many times whats the cop with that, this is a genuine copy of windows and it has only been used by me.

What do i do?

172 Cup
Use the telephone option. I've reformatted about 20+ times with my copy of XP and had to do this quite a few times. Simply phone the number, press a few keys and it's all done.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yep - you get the privalege of speaking to Bombay/Hydrabad/Karachi offices of Microsoft's call centre in order to get a replacement key. Never had any trouble doing that - it's just a pain in the arse to do it.

Never understood why there's a free-phone number and a toll number option to call on the serial key screen though? I'll go for the free option, thanks..:S

D.

172 Cup
I've never spoke to anyone. Just followed the recorded prompts, entered a few numbers using the keypad and that was it. No replacement key involved.

A few times I just gave it a couple of days and the online activation worked again.

with the eula you are limited to the ammount of times that you can re activate a copy of windows. also if hardware changes extensively they can also cause you problems. they send a copy of the hardware to microsoft too so they can check it the next time you activate that copy