ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Y DO I GET THE PROBLEMS THAT NO ONE......

................... UNDER f**kIN STANDS!!

ok here goes! i aint got the foggyist wots goin on!

please read tho cus its a pain in the ass!

my car is an x reg (2000) clio mk 2 ph1 RSi

drivin home the other day to find my rear wiper not workin, so wen i get home i check the fuse to see that the one marked as the rear heater had blown! so i take it out with the engine switched off and replace it with the spare!

checked it 2ce and it was fine, so i thought great! untill.................

next day im drivin along and switch the rear wiper on, it got half way up the window and fuse blew again, also having a slight burning smell (guessing thats the fuse blowing)

i then realised not only had i lost the function of my rear wiper but also the following:

rear heated window

front water sprays

rear water spray

reverse lights

rear window wiper

now not having any more half size 15 amp fuses i went next door and nicked one out my mates honda, then fitted fuse and tried all with the engine off and only the igition on, and all worked fine!

i now dont want to try the rear wiper with the engine running incase i loose all of the things listed above again! i havent got the foggyist wots the matter, i thought origionally that the window motor had screwed its self up, but that wouldnt work full stop not juzt wen the engine isnt on!

IDEAS PEOPLE PLEASE ITS DOING MY HEAD IN NOW!!!!

[Edited by h3lter on 12 July 2004 at 10:57am]

but y would it all of a sudden go wrong now?

and i aint got the money for renault to be fiddleing around with my car and not finding wots the matter with it!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

You need to get an auto electrics bloke to look at it, it could be hundreds of things.

its probebly dogy motor some -were
try unplugging each in turn
when fuse blows .thats your problem.
thats all the renault monkeys will doo
;)

don't

yep ring electricions ppl, prob loads in yellow pages, wont charge half as much either hopefully!! mite even b able 2 tell u on the phone if u explain 2 em

go buy lots of fuses till then :)

take it the fuse only blows when using wiper motor and none of the other things mentioned, so mayb the motor is causing problem, having 2 much charge/power, i duno im jus guessin :-(

well i origionally thought it was a dodgy motor but the motor and fuse are ok wen engine is off and only ignition is on! it only seems to be wen the engine is running!

itake it renault dont have an extension on warrantee for electrics etc!

[Edited by h3lter on 12 July 2004 at 11:21am]

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Sounds like a power surge or something?

If the engines on then it will prob produce slightly more power and possibly too much blowing the fuses.

Your not alone mate - Renault electrics are shocking and at least you can drive it still!

Not like mine - grounded cause of a damn terminal!!

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Take off the cover in your boot and disconnect the motor making sure the wires are taped up and try it like that for a while. If the fuse doesnt blow you know its the motor. If it does you know its something else.