ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yanoo 1.0

Clio 172 cup
Recently fitted yanoo stiff shift 1.0 , seriously stiff to select gears having to use a lot of force , it's very squeaky I've lubricated it put making no difference ,sometimes jumps out of gear because doesn't throw enough I'm thinking about taking it off any ideas what the issue could be before I go and take the exhaust off again to put the standard one back on

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
I guess you did not read carefully the fitting instruction and did not adjust properly the base stiffness of the ball joint housing. It is detailed in the assembly guide how to do it. The proper height of the inner rings is important. Sometimes brass bushes fit a bit thightly after the nut is tightned up. It is also detailed in the fitting instruction how to match the bushes to the gear lever.

Clio 172 cup
I bought it second hand without the fitting instructions of a chap on here and it was already assembled when I got it , will try filling down the brass bushes and check linkages as the gearbox was out the same time for a clutch , so would it make it less stiff if I put the original plastic bushes off my other gear stick on ?